Skip to main content

Custom Fields Not Showing In Item/Product View

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #182147 by zeusrw
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28

I've created custom fields on the item table and added them to the appropriate category. The product I want the custom fields to show in is in the selected category but no matter what, I can't get the custom fields to show. I created a few different ones applied them to both front end and back end views but nada. I want to get the donations feature working but so far I can't get a regular custom field to show.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by zeusrw. Reason: clarity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182202 by nicolas
Hi,

When custom fields won't display on the product page, it usually means that you selected the table "product" instead of the table "item" when creating the custom field, and in that case, the custom field will display on the product edition page on the backend and not on the product page on the frontend.
So please check that.
Otherwise, please provide a screenshot of the options of your custom field.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182278 by zeusrw
I thought about that but I think I've set it up correctly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182285 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

1. Did you add the product on the Donation category ?

2. Did you set the "Display custom item fields" option to YES via "Hikasop->System->Display" ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182344 by zeusrw
Yes, the product is added to the Donation category.

Yes custom fields are set to display.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182353 by Mohamed Thelji
Can you also set the "Display 'add to cart' button for free products" option to YES ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182445 by zeusrw
Where can I find that option? I've checked every configuration page.

I can PM you some login credentials if that helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182576 by Jerome
Hi,

In the HikaShop configuration
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ig.html#main_product

The documentation page is still useful if you want to know in each section is an option.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182581 by zeusrw
Got it... thanks for the help. I don't know how I missed that option...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182592 by zeusrw
Okay, I've now got the custom "amount" field showing but when I go through to the checkout, the amount of the donation is not passing through to the cart. I've got the site set up like your demo, i.e. custom field is labeled "amount" and the donation item is labeled "donation".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182601 by nicolas
Hi,

Did you enable the HikaShop donation plugin via the Joomla plugins manager ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #182644 by zeusrw
Yes, the plugin is enabled. How does the plugin work? Is it looking for a specific field name, ie "amount" to replace the price? I have ensured that the custom field label/name/alias is set to "amount".
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by zeusrw. Reason: added screenshot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182706 by nicolas
Hi,

I see that the value of the amount is not added to the cart on your website when you add the product to it. So the problem here is not the plugin but the fact that there is something preventing HikaShop from handling the custom field.
How did you configure the custom field ? Could you do a screenshot of its options ?
Can you click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration in order to make sure that the database is OK ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #182771 by zeusrw
The screenshot is attached above (towards the top of this thread) but I've included a current version here in case I made any changes since posting the last screenshot.

BTW - I did the "check database" and everything came back "OK"
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by zeusrw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #183236 by zeusrw
Anyone?

I can't see what I'm doing wrong and why the custom price/amount will not pass through to the checkout.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #183311 by nicolas
Hi,

Could you provide a backend access of your backend via our contact form (with a link to this thread) so that we could check your settings ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #192417 by zeusrw
Hi - I thought I'd sent back-end access a few months ago but maybe I didn't... I did definitely send this information a couple of days ago but still haven't heard anything. Please let me know if you have login details.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #192549 by nicolas
Hi,

I got the access 2 days ago yes. I checked but couldn't find anything from 2 months ago.
I've checked the issue on your website today, and the issue comes from something on your website which removes the amount parameter from the data received. I don't know why. Just changing the name of the custom field make it work.
So the simple solution I did is to create another custom item field with another name and modify a bit the donation plugin to have an option in it in order to be able to set the column name of the field to use.
It now works on your website.

Here is the plugin for others which would have the same issue with HikaShop before the 2.3.6 where that option was not available:
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #192603 by phil2010
Hello Nicolas

I think I am having the same problem.

Is there any chance you could give me a hand also..\

this is the problem site. afford.com.au/hikashop-menu-for-module-1...uct/11-make-donation
the custom code will not show in the module... otherwise works perfectly and yes all the setting are correct

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #192611 by nicolas
Hi,

I've posted the solution above.
Install the donation plugin, change the column name in its options to something else than "amount" and create a custom item field with the same column name and it will work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum