- Posts: 85
- Thank you received: 0
Same alias error
10 years 5 days ago #251193
by palee3
Same alias error was created by palee3
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
Hi,
I tried to make a new product, but I get an error message "An element with the same alias already exists". But the strange thing is that I not make any other prduct with the same name or with the same products code.
After this I try to make a new product with "_2" like the attached screenshot, but I get the same error message.
At the moment I'm clueless what I made wrong.
Hi,
I tried to make a new product, but I get an error message "An element with the same alias already exists". But the strange thing is that I not make any other prduct with the same name or with the same products code.
After this I try to make a new product with "_2" like the attached screenshot, but I get the same error message.
At the moment I'm clueless what I made wrong.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 days ago #251233
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Same alias error
Hi,
If you have that error message it means that you already have a product with the same "product_alias" in the database.
The message is not talking about the product code ; but the product alias (the one without a "_2")
Regards,
If you have that error message it means that you already have a product with the same "product_alias" in the database.
The message is not talking about the product code ; but the product alias (the one without a "_2")
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #251257
by palee3
Replied by palee3 on topic Same alias error
Hi,
Thank you.
Strange... I'm deleted from the database the affected row. That was an unfinished upload and not was displayed on the backend.
If I understand correctly and I have e.g. an Oakely Legs Tee product and after this I would like to make another one like Oakely Legs Tee 2 I will get an error because of the same alias issue.
Thank you.
Strange... I'm deleted from the database the affected row. That was an unfinished upload and not was displayed on the backend.
If I understand correctly and I have e.g. an Oakely Legs Tee product and after this I would like to make another one like Oakely Legs Tee 2 I will get an error because of the same alias issue.
Last edit: 10 years 3 days ago by palee3.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 days ago #251269
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Same alias error
Hi,
You can simply use different aliases for both products. They can still have the same name.
The alias is only used for the SEF URL of the product page. The customer won't see it on your pages.
You can simply use different aliases for both products. They can still have the same name.
The alias is only used for the SEF URL of the product page. The customer won't see it on your pages.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 days ago #251342
by palee3
Replied by palee3 on topic Same alias error
Product alias if the Alias of the SEO section? If yes, this field was always empty, if not an automatic mechanism make an alias.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 days ago - 10 years 2 days ago #251355
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Same alias error
Last edit: 10 years 2 days ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds