Skip to main content

Products only display in one column after Hikashop Business upgrade

More
9 years 3 months ago #271225 by LAMF
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.dsgbutiken.com/index.php/tillbehor-bil-lastbil/olja-filter
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.15
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Anyone

Hi,
After upgrading to HS Business 3.1.1 my products display only in one column.
No changes made, I have it set for 4 column display but that doesn't work anymore.
Please someone advice how to get the 4 column layout back.

Thanks,
Micke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
9 years 3 months ago #271923 by jgribble
This is obviously a common problem. Thanks for the quick reply. The other threads only vaguely inform my particular issue. I wondered if you could possibly take a glance here? roguesailing.org:8080/index.php/all-products
You will probably know almost instantly what's causing the problem. I can fix any code or script if pointed in the right direction. Your help is always appreciated.
-Jim Gribble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #271924 by jgribble
Jerome, I hunted it down in the old.css file. Thanks for the clue.
-Jim Gribble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #271925 by jgribble
frontend_old.css, line 46, to be exact, for anybody else looking for it.
-Jim Gribble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #271927 by jgribble
This solved a big problem, but not entirely. In div layout, rows display unevenly. Some show two products and a gap where the third should be. It is not an issue with the individual products because I experimented with unpublishing the ones in the vicinity of the "gaps." This is a new one, and I wasn't even sure what to type into the search window. I am attaching screen shot by way of explanation.
-Jim Gribble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #271928 by jgribble
When I toggle to use default.css, the issue goes away, but the products don't look as nice. Still fiddling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #271945 by nicolas
Hi,

That comes from the fact that the product boxes aren't all the same height on your listing with the old CSS you're using.
You can just force the height of the boxes to avoid the problem.
For example, by adding such CSS:
.hikashop_subcontainer{ height: 300px; }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #271982 by jgribble
Thanks I did kind of figure this out on my own. Why though would I even want to use the old css instead of the default? When I switched to the default everything worked better. I certainly am seeing the virtue of the custom.css system for fine-tuning the view.
-Jim Gribble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #271987 by nicolas
Hi,

It's indeed better to use the default CSS. Also, if you need to add custom CSS, it's better to add it on your template, and not in HikaShop. That way, when you update HikaShop you keep getting all the new CSS we add for the new features.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #272033 by jgribble
Thanks for the tip. I generally do as your suggesting and keep a log of all edits. This is a good nuance for everybody to know, especially those of us who do highly designed sites in which all the elements have to have a visual harmony.
-Jim G.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum