Characteristic selection and product description display

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 6 months ago #280481

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1

Hello,

We have issues with some product which have characteristics. For example, if you select first and third characteristic product description is there, but for second it doesnt work. Same thing is for 2 different types of Variants. I have to emphasise that on older products everything is fine, bug exist only on latests entries.
For example:
Variants 1 ( bebili.rs/nehodajuce-patike/jungle-dubok...patike-za-bebe-teget )
opcije - working
17 - not working
18 - working
Variants 2 ( bebili.rs/kape-i-salovi/jungle-kapa-za-bebe-siva )
opcije - working
42- not working
54 - working

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
6 years 6 months ago #280507

Hello,

From my side it's impossible to reproduce your issue (I try to add to let one variant description empty or with space, and with a tabular product page), so we will need more elements to understand what's going on.

Can you provide a screenshot variant configuration page, the best way to do will be to have one which description works and one that doesn't.
Other things to check, do you have an override on your view : product/show_tabular ?
If yes, maybe your customization is linked to your issue ? Can you try to delete it (after have save it on your side ?) to see if that solve it.

Awaiting news from you.
Regards

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Philip.

6 years 6 months ago #280543

Hello Philip,

I've played a bit with options and found bug. Problem is when quantity is set to exact number(2, 3 etc), then it's not working. But if I set SAME variant with unlimited quantity then description working. The thing I couldnt figure out is why one working and other not if they have same quantity (for example number 2). I am sending pictures.

About tabular, I didn't make any customization.

This is product where it doesnt work (added in last 10 days):
bebili.rs/nehodajuce-patike/jungle-dubok...patike-za-bebe-teget
This is product where it works (added 30 days ago):
bebili.rs/odeca-za-bebe-devojcice/hajdi-...plet-za-bebe-flowers

Thanks,
Jelena

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by kivici.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 6 months ago #280547

Hi,

From what I can see in the HTML of your pages, the issue is that you have some empty spaces in the description of the variant for which the description doesn't appear.
And that's normal. HikaShop will only use the main product description if the description of the variant is completely empty.
If you add something in the description of the variant, even extra spaces, then the system displays instead the description of the variant and thus in that case empty spaces.
So I don't think that it is linked to the quantity of the variants or something that changed in HikaShop.

6 years 6 months ago #280645

Hello Nicolas,

We only use main description for products, we never set for variants. Thing is that we don't think it's normal behave since it started only for last 7-10 days (we only updated joomla in this period). Old products doesnt have this issue and all working normal.

Also I have to note, that when I set unlimited it's working when I go back with number 1 it doesnt work. I tried it on couple products with different descriptions and it's same result.

Same is for new added product with only 1 word in description: new product- 2 variants. If we set unlimited quantity - description working, if we change to number 1, description doesnt work only for that variant.

I can give login data, if you need to check out.

6 years 6 months ago #280682

Hi,

It's probably your HTML editor which adds these empty spaces in the description when you save the variant.
So please cahnge the "editor" to "none" in the HikaShop configuration and check the description of the variants for which you have the issue. You should see the empty spaces there. Delete them and save and they should behave properly.

6 years 6 months ago #280721

Hi,

I've used your backend access in order to check the issue for the link you provided and the issue was exactly as I described.
I've removed the extra space in the description of the "17" variant of the product "Jungle Duboke nehodajuće patike za bebe Teget", then I had to clear the cache of your website since your pages are cached, and now the description of the main product is displayed for the 17 variant too:
monosnap.com/file/mrF4IePOU0wSU9DKP7jEe8J8BPKGAf

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds