Change Search Results Page Header From "product category"

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 5 months ago #304089

Hi there,

How can I change the search results page header from "product category" to something else please? That header does not make sense.

Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13200
5 years 5 months ago #304116

Hi,

You're using the HikaShop filter module for your search.
In that module, you have a menu item id setting where you have the id of the menu item used to display the results page.
That menu item has the alias "categories".
If you edit that menu item via the Joomla menu manager, you'll find a setting to display or not the "page heading" in the Joomla settings. And under the "products/categories options" tab, you'll find a setting "use menu item title instead of category name".That setting can allow you to either display the current category name (here it's the main category of your shop) or the title of the menu item.
So you have several ways to go about it, based on the structure of your shop.
You could:
- change the name of that category
- change the title of that menu item and toggle the "use menu item title instead of category name" setting in order to use it.
- create another menu item configured similarily with the title you want and change the menu item id setting of the HikaShop filter module to that menu item.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 5 months ago #304205

The last option worked. Thank you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 months ago #304256

This is so weird - yesterday when I tested the search page it did not show all the categories at the top of the page before showing the search results. Now it's showing all the categories then showing the search results.

How do I remove the categories please? I tried a lot of different settings in the search menu but none seems to fix it. Please see attached.

Thanks!

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by MyWorld.

5 years 4 months ago #304261

Hi,

That's because the type of the menu item for which you use its id in the menu item id setting of the filter module is "hikashop category listing" instead of "products category listing". Change that in the settings of your menu item via the Joomla menu manager and that should work like you want.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 months ago #304300

Great!! Thank you.

• Hikashop Business
10 months 13 hours ago #355399

Hi Nicolas,

Now I am using the latest version on Joomla 4. When I do a search there is no heading above the search results. How do I add/display a heading?

Thanks!

10 months 2 hours ago #355403

Hi,

We'll need more information to help you.
I checked the URL you had provided 4 years ago on this thread, but it doesn't work:
i.imgur.com/0A3hoFU.png

• Hikashop Business
9 months 2 weeks ago #355675

Yeah my PHP is outdated so I'm rebuilding the site on the same url but in this folder /J4/. So it's www.mysite.com/J4/ .

Thanks!

9 months 2 weeks ago #355698

Hi,

On that website, the search uses the filter module of HikaShop. And this module uses the current menu item to display the results from the search. So if you want to display a heading on top of the products listing of the menu item, you need to edit the settings of that menu item in the Joomla menu manager and activate the heading display setting of Joomla for that menu item.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds