Google Search Console Issues

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #307434

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Just recently I learned that I needed a site map for Google to index my site, and I went through a lot to get it working, and finally got it up & running.

As such, Google does now see my site map, but it is telling me the following are issues it detects:

Top 5 new issues found, ordered by number of affected pages:
Missing field "priceValidUntil"
Missing product ID
Missing field "url"
Missing field "aggregateRating"
Missing field "review"

I have never needed a "price valid until" listing, my prices are as is.

I checked the back end and ALL of my product ID's are showing up...so I don't know what that one is about.

Not sure what the field URL is...I have searched and cannot figure this out.

What in the world is the Aggregate Rating? There's a ton of info out there and none of it makes sense to me.

I'm guessing the Review one is that I have no product reviews...right?

Thank you for ANY assistance you can provide. I just updated to the newest version of Hikashop today, and set Google to crawl the site after, so this is a FRESH reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #307436

I just got this notification for the mobile view of my site...

Clickable elements too close together

Text too small to read

Viewport not set

I've seen the text too small & clickable elements too close together in other searches I did about these issues and read it was fixed long ago in Hikashop so not sure what's with that.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 10 months ago #307445

Hi,

1. You don't need a site map necessarily, but if you have one it's indeed better. So it's great you added it.

2. You're talking about microdata errors/warnings. You can use this tool to investigate microdata issues on your pages:
search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/u/0/
Warnings are nothing to worry about. What's important are the errors as they prevent google from properly parsing your microdata which can impede your SEO.
If you check a product page on your website with that tool, you can see that the only error is with the breadcrumb module you have :
monosnap.com/file/lGPEPxpMYSnGKhq933iyBkcwLeBvD3
It's missing an "item" element.
forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=140842.0

3. The notifications you get for the mobile view depend on your template and the way the elements appear on your website on mobile devices.
For example, for the viewport: www.joomlashack.com/blog/joomla/4-tips-template-developers/
Regarding the other two, what to do will depend on which buttons / texts the notification is talking about, but I suppose a bit of CSS should help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragon41673

• Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #307520

Thank you Nicolas...this is all very new to me, and I'm trying to wrap my head around all the SEO stuff...so thank you very much for pointing me in a direction and giving me some examples.

So I tried the newer breadcrumb module which they reference on the other link, and now my results are different than what you have. I'm not even seeing an item listing at all now. Does that mean it's resolved? It seems that way in the Google Search Console backend.

Thank you!

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 10 months ago #307526

Hi,

If you don't get an error then it's all good.
Microdata on the breadcrumb module is not important. we already have similar microdata on the listings and even these are not important.
The important ones are the ones on the product information.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds