menu item alias product display

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 5 months ago #312796

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox

I have menu item alias for product display but the 2 pages do not show the same product display.

www.retiredracehorseproject.org/about-rrp/shop-rrp
is the main menu item i wish to use as alias

www.retiredracehorseproject.org/rrp-store this page uses that menu item above as menu item alias but looks totally different. does not show modules on side (which are all assigned), and product display does not look the same.

How can i fix this?

Cheryl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 5 months ago #312802

Hi,

The page www.retiredracehorseproject.org/about-rrp/shop-rrp uses the menu item with the id 819.
The page www.retiredracehorseproject.org/rrp-store uses the menu item with the id 1162.
So I'm not sure what you want to do exactly but if you want the second link to look like the first, you can do two things:
- edit the menu item with the id 1162 and configure it the same way as the one with the id 819.
- configure your modules restricted on the menu item with the id 819 to also display on the menu item with the id 1162.

4 years 5 months ago #312841

It's not the modules i'm worried about it's the actual product display, it is not the same. The way I understand it, menu type "menu item alias" displays that item exactly the same as the original one?

And i cannot assign modules to a menu type "menu alias" it's greyed out. Again I understood that menu type "menu item alias" would show the same modules too, automatically.

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 5 months ago #312850

Hi,

I'm actually not sure on how that "menu alias" menu type system works.
I've never used it and I don't know how Joomla handles it.
I usually use the "external URL" menu item and enter the URL of the other menu item so that it redirects to the other menu item.

If the modules don't display while the menu item can't be selected for them, I would also suppose that it's because they are affected automatically based on the other menu item. But if that doesn't work, I don't know.

4 years 5 months ago #312853

Do you know why the products display differently on the 2 pages? (Ignoring module issue)

4 years 5 months ago #312880

I have solved this by unpublishing the menu item and creating a redirect in the redirects components. Maybe not ideal but i have to get it done.

• Thank you received: 610
4 years 5 months ago #312862

Hello,

Can you precise which differences is an issue in your mind, because we see of course so little differences but this will be more easy to answer you if we know precisely where you want to go.
You speak about product order ? Elements displayed (like quantity input) ? Or else ?...

Awaiting more details to better guide you.
Regards

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Philip.

4 years 5 months ago #312908

I appreciate your help. I made a new hidden menu item with menu item alias type to the store. The products do show correctly, but the modules still don't show. This seems to be a joomla issue not yours. I cannot assign a module to a menu item alias.

But when i created the new menu item alias to the original store link the products display is fine. I have no idea why it didn't work with my original menu item alias menu but i have spent too much time on it so i'll just leave my redirects doing the job.

Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds