Bread crumps

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319580

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome last

All product listing redirects to a categories which are first in list of product categoris in product backend after 4.3.0 upgade.
This is breaks user navigation. How to fix?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 11 months ago #319582

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean. I didn't particularily see any issue with the breadcrumbs module on your website.
Could you please explain with an example of what breadcrumb link is wrong where ? And where should it go instead ?
And what version of Hikashop did you use before ?

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319652

When you add a product to a several categories, hickashop must generate product url as this product is in this category.
Also you can include a lot of categories to a product. For example you have a product Porshe 911 and you have Categories
Sport Car, Car, Porshe, Rich Car. You can inculde this product into all of this categories and you have a special list in product's backend to do this. For example you added categories in such order Sport Car, Car, Porshe, Rich Car.

Now after update = url is not generated in product listing it redirects product always to myweb/sport-car/product/porshe-911

If you will change order of categories in product backend Rich Car, Sport Car, Car, Porshe.
It will allaways redirect to Rich Car//Porshe 911

This is breake user navigation cos if you navigate Sport cars and opened link to a Porsh 911
you will redirect to a Rich Car//Porshe 911 but it have to stayed in Sport cars/Porchs 911

Open this URL aketo.kz/ustrojstva-plavnogo-puska/560-kvt
you will see 3 products. Try to open any of this product and look at breadcrumbs befor and after you open any of product.

3 years 11 months ago #319729

Hi,

I don't think that your issue is linked to the update of HikaShop.
From what I understand, the issue is that you activated the "force a canonical URL on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration. In that case, once you have a canonical for a product, it will always use that URL on the listings regardless on which category you're coming from.
If you don't want that, then you want to turn off that setting. In that case, the URL will be generated dynamically, and in the "canonical URL" field of the product, you can enter the main URL you want to be indexed by search engines.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319740

Dear Nicolas,

thanks a lot for helping us.

I know about this feature because i had issue about it in past.
Force canonical URLs on listings is disabled in our configuration for a long time. We've checked it again and it value is "No, generate the URL" is enabled.

Action of website changed acctually after 4.3.0 update

Also as i mentioned redirection url is equal to a generated URL associated with first in list category in main option of product.
If to change category ordering in main option generated URL also change.

It looks like Force canonical URLs feature do not work properly in case "No, generate the URL".

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Bender.

3 years 11 months ago #319747

Hi,

Ok, I see what you mean.
It's an improvement we've made so that HikaShop will go to the main category of the product all the time if you have a menu item for that category.
You can deactivate that by adding an new entry with the namekey auto_search_menu_item_based_on_main_category and the value 0 in the hikashop_config table via your PHPMyAdmin and it will deactivate that capability.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #319787

Now it works ok.
Thanks you Nicolas

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds