Skip to main content

Hikashop sets the price to zero

More
5 years 5 months ago #331880 by SISU2020378
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Essential: 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla version, 3.9.26
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error message

I am new to hikashop and have probably changed too much in the configuration. We will only sell downloadable products - no shipping. In the test products, we have set the weight to zero. Hikashop also sets the price to zero, even though we have registered a retail price.
Where did I go wrong and what should I do now to correct it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #331896 by nicolas
Hi,

The "retail price" is the "MSRP". So that's a field you can fill in to display the price at which the product is usually sold at elsewhere.
In most cases, you want to leave that field empty.
Instead, you want to use the "+" icon on the prices list below to add a price to the product. Then, you'll see several input fields, where you can enter the price of the product with or without taxes, and restriction on the quantity (so that you can have different prices for different quantities purchased at once), etc.
That's where you want to add your price, otherwise, if you just have a "retail price" and no "price", the system will think you didn't set any price for your product and it will display as "free".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #331904 by SISU2020378
Thanks for the quick reply, it explains the "free" display
I've tried the "+" icon, but it's disabled. Where can I turn it on again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #331906 by nicolas
Hi,

There is no option to turn it off.
If it doesn't work, then it would mean that you must have a javascript error on the page or something like that.
Hard to say what it could be. We would need to look directly at the situation.
Could you provide a backend access along with a link to this thread for reference via our contact form so that we can look into it ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #331942 by nicolas
Hi,

Thank you for the backend access.
I was able to see that you have an issue similar to what was reported somewhere else a few days ago. We've already added a patch for it but since you have a build of the 4.4.2 from before that you didn't get the patch.
Download again the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and you'll get it. It will then work fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #331944 by SISU2020378
Hi
The "+" icon is still locked.
I downloaded again from my account and installed Hikashop with no error messages. I did not uninstall the existing version. Should I?. Nor did I repeat konfigurations. The password I gave you still works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #331945 by nicolas
Hi,

That's strange, I can see that you indeed did the install of the 4.4.2 with the patch (since the build number in the "version" displayed on the HikaShop configuration has been properly incremented), but you still don't have the change in the file media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js like I can see in the file of the install package.
It's as if Joomla didn't overwrite the file with the new version because of a permission issue on the file.

So let's do it differently.
Replace the code:
Code:
for(var i = 0; i < scriptsAlreadyLoaded.length; i++) if(scriptsAlreadyLoaded[i].getAttribute('src').includes(result[1])) return '';
to:
Code:
for(var i = 0; i < scriptsAlreadyLoaded.length; i++) { var src = scriptsAlreadyLoaded[i].getAttribute('src'); if(src && src.includes(result[1])) return ''; }
in the file media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js
Then, clear your browser's cache and it should then work properly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #331973 by SISU2020378
Hello again
I downloaded the file "hikashop.js" and opened it in Dreamweaver to make the changes. The code was hard to find, but in the lines 310-313 I found them. The changes had already been made! The lines are identical to what you wanted me to change them to.
So what do we do now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #331974 by SISU2020378
Hi
Correction - I just tried the "+" icon, now it works!
You did nothing, I did nothing, yet it works. Spooky.
I'm a pragmatic man and do not need to know why. Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #331978 by nicolas
Hi,

No worries. It's probably a caching issue with the browser or server.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum