Turning on Related Products Causes Product Listings To Disappear

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338275

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.14

As the title states, I'm trying to turn on Related Products option for product listings, and when I do...it causes ALL product listings To disappear. Category listings still show, but all products disappear.

I cannot seem to find the answer via search here, or on Google, for anyone that has had the same problem. I know at one time, this feature worked, because I was toying with it several months ago...but now it doesn't.

I originally tried to turn it on first, and that's when I noticed the issue. So I went into a product, added items to the "related products" area of the product listing, saved...and re-checked. Still no product listings are shown, as if I have nothing to sell...so I cannot even see if related products show up.

Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
2 years 3 months ago #338281

Hi,

Well, hard to say without more information on the situation.
Actually do see products in your categories on your frontend.
Did you revert something ?
What did you change ?
Which page doesn't display products ? Could you provide a link to it ?

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338288

See below for answers...but I'll send you login credentials shortly for my test site so you can play with it...

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Well, hard to say without more information on the situation.
Actually do see products in your categories on your frontend. - CORRECT...I turned it back off immediately when I noticed the issue as that is my live site
Did you revert something ? - CORRECT...I turned it back off immediately when I noticed the issue as that is my live site
What did you change ? - I simply tried turning on the feature, just like I had done before, and all product listings disappeared. When I turn off that feature, they all re-appear
Which page doesn't display products ? Could you provide a link to it ? - Categories still show, regardless of the on or off state of Related Products, but when Related Products is turned on, ALL product listings disappear, when you turn it off...ALL product listings reappear

2 years 3 months ago #338290

Hi,

What did you turn on and back off ? Please be precise.
There is no "related products" setting in the HikaShop configuration so I actually don't know what you're talking about.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338294

nicolas wrote: Hi,

What did you turn on and back off ? Please be precise.
There is no "related products" setting in the HikaShop configuration so I actually don't know what you're talking about.

No problem...I'll include screen shots this time, but it's the same as I referenced above...

Go to the Main Menu listings, Click on Shopping, the click on Product Options, and scroll down to the listing for Related Products

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 610
2 years 3 months ago #338313

Hello,

This result is normal as it authorized a product to be display only products related that have been added in the current cart.

And so, we don't know what you want to achieved by activate this settings but this result is quite obvious as long as there no related product in the cart.
Hope this will be more clear for you.

Regards

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338323

Philip wrote: Hello,

This result is normal as it authorized a product to be display only products related that have been added in the current cart.

And so, we don't know what you want to achieved by activate this settings but this result is quite obvious as long as there no related product in the cart.
Hope this will be more clear for you.

Regards

Sorry Philip, I never got a botice there was a reply.

Maybe I'm thinking something else then. I know the random items will appear, but I swear at one point I had selected items appear at the bottom of the product pages as a test.

Is this kind of functionality available or am I crazy?

What I'm trying to do is that some of the items I sell need to have a physical base to be set on top of. Although I have a link in the description of the product not to forget the hex base...I'd really like to have a physical item show up at the bottom of the page as a suggested product or related product...so people can add to cart right from there.

• Thank you received: 610
2 years 3 months ago #338330

Hello,

We aren't sure to fully understand you but maybe you mean to use an HikaShop module.
You normally have a related product module automatically created during the installation of your HikaShop.
In your module settings you can define his position (in Module tab) and where this module can't be displayed in Display part (HikaShop option tab).

For the product page, if you want to add the Related product module directly in the product page, you have to check in your Main HikaShop configuration, and in Display tab that your related product module is selected :

Hope this will help you to achieved your need.
Regards

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338341

Thank you Philip...I will try to get to that this weekend, it may just work.

Much appreciated sir!

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338444

Philip...YES! That was it...I'm sorry I was so confused on where that setting was. That is exactly what I was referring to but clearly I was wrong on how I got it to appear.

So quick question, since I have about 2000 items I need to add a specific product related to...

Is there any way I can do it as a mass action?

2 years 3 months ago #338451

Hi,

You can create a mass action with a filter "product type" set to "products" (to discard the variants), and an action "update the product relation", with the mode "add" and select the product you want to add as related product and it will be added as related products of all the products.
Also, note that in the "limitations" area, the value is set to "500" by default which means that it will only process the first 500 products it finds.
So if you have 2000 products, you want to increase that number.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338497

Nicolas...you sir are awesome! I was able to do as you described (mass actions have always caused me headaches)...and I was able to take it a bit further in narrowing down the category ID's needed for specific listings. Thank you very much!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds