• Thank you received: 0
7 years 10 months ago #243457

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hello Hikashop staff,

Shipping method for price range + free shipping = Impossible

im trying to find solution for weeks but nothing yet. Im working on website for supplements products, and they have around 20 shipping methods (all of them are created using "HikaShop manual shipping plugin") and that part works great. We have shipping method from 0$-99$ for a small fee, and from 100$ shipping is free(and that amount vary from one country to another).

However we are doing promotions almost each month( and previously their site was in REDSHOP, where all was working good), but i cant find real solution in HIKASHOP. I was searching on forum here, but nothing that can help me.

So let me explain what i need:

- first from $0 to $99 we have shipping fee that is $7.95
- now we have product on promotion that is $39.99, and we need to have FREE shipping for that product (but $39.99 is far away from $99)
- and if add another product for example that will be $40(we will have total amount of $79.99) we still need to have free shipping, as long as we have that promo product in cart.
- so we need that shipping fee to be reduced to $0 even if total amount is under $99
-if we remove promo product standard shipping should be calculated

i tried many things to fix this (different shipping configuration, coupons, etc...) but nothing works completely as we need. Please help me, because soon i will have to put new website to be online, and this big problem is not solved, and they want to promote website with new product that will have that free shipping.

Thanks,
Kico

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
7 years 10 months ago #243464

Hi,

It's not a problem. Here is how to do:

We'll suppose that your products don't have any dimensions configured (width/height/length).
You want first to have one shipping method with a maximum price of 99.99 and a price of 7.95 and a maximum volume of 0.1
Then, you want a second shipping method with a maximum price of 99.99 and minimum volume of 0.1 and a price of 0
Third, you want a third shipping method with a minimum price of 100 and a maximum volume of 0.1 and a price of 0
And finally, in your special product with free shipping, you want to set dimensions (for example 1 for each dimension).
The system will then automatically select the shipping method based on the total amount and total volume of the products in the cart so the shipping fee will match the requirements of your post.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kice_lalakovski

7 years 10 months ago #243492

Hi Nicolas,

thanks for your reply, but i managed to achieve same thing using WEIGHT, so i have my 20 shipping methods that determine shipping price based on order amount, and for FREE shipping i created new shipping method where i have placed MIN WEIGHT 10000kg.

And after that in product i just insert that MIN WEIGHT number, and it seems that all works good.

I was trying to resolve this with weeks, and it was big headache, now it seems that is fixed with your help and this forum.

Thanks Nicolas

7 years 8 months ago #247751

Hello,

first I would like to thank you for this workaround. In addition to this I converted the weight input field into a radio button.
Now my customer can simply choose between standard or free shipping for this product.

But now I faced an issue with updated carts.

I have the following scenario:

1. added a product with free-shipping
2. added a product with standard-shipping

until now everthing is fine no shipping costs are added.

But if I delete the free-shipping product from the cart the shipping fee disappears completely from the cart. If I delete the cart completely and add another standard-shipping product the shipping fee is still gone und there is no shipping method available.

Is this a known issue? How can I get around this?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Syno

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 8 months ago #247755

Hello Syno,

Can you show us some screenshots of how you configured your shipping methods and products that you are using through the checkout workflow ?

Also, can you set the "Force shipping regardless of weight" option to YES via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout" and try it again ?

Thank you.

7 years 8 months ago #247955

Hello,

thank you for the answer. "Force shipping regardless of weight" option to YES seems to do the trick in most cases, but there are some products which do not work in this configuration. I assume that there is some other issue I need to figure out.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Syno

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 8 months ago #247957

Hello Syno,

I assume that there is some other issue I need to figure out.

Feel free to post some screenshots of your configuration so we can try to figure out from where your issue is coming from.

Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds