Product variations don't allow for different tax categories

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 4 months ago #254373

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Hello,
I've setup a shop for a publisher and they have books both as printed books and ebooks. Printed books in Germany have a 7% VAT, ebooks have 16% VAT. Now we wanted to create a product with 2 variations, a book and an ebook. Unfortunately you can not set different tax categories for different variations of the same product. Could you implement that feature in one of the next releases?

Regards,
Hannes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 609
7 years 4 months ago #254410

Hello,

I can already told you that, we won't add this kind of option for a good reason, if I keep your specific case, we speak about 2 differents products.
And so, in order to keep a logical structure in HikaShop we can't "open" to this kind of feature.
May I suggest you, to create 2 differents products (with each his own VAT) AND maybe have a side module or (with some custom or a plugin) IN product page to display other version as an "option" ?

Sorry for this answer.

Regards

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 4 months ago #255801

I've been thinking about this quite some time and I can't say I agree with you. If I have a book as a printed book and as an ebook, I have to give it 2 different tax categories, but those are the same product. Please consider adding this. Also see my other feature request here: www.hikashop.com/forum/feature-request/8...ods-for-product.html

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 4 months ago #255820

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. For now, the tax system doesn't support that and it won't be possible to add that in the short term as a standard feature of HikaShop. We'll if we can do that in the future but if that's something you need, as Philippe said, it would be possible to change the price dynamically with a custom plugin.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds