Skip to main content

TaxCloud Notice on Checkout Step 2

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #297965 by dbarnhart863
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$order_status in /home/devidall/public_html/plugins/hikashop/taxcloud.php on line 354

With TaxCloud debug on
Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in home/devidall/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helpers.php on line 864

I was getting a TaxCloud Notice on my website. I thought updating my Joomla and Hikashop to the most recent version would take care of it but I am still getting the notice.

After a user pays on my site and on the checkout step 2, I am getting a TaxCloud Notice:
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$order_status in /home/devidall/public_html/plugins/hikashop/taxcloud.php on line 354

I turned on debug on the TaxCloud plugin and then I receive this error:
Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in home/devidall/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helpers.php on line 864

Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #298007 by nicolas
Hi,

The notice message with the TaxCloud plugin is not really an error. Just a check is missing to avoid the notice message but it doesn't change the behavior of the plugin and normally, the notices aren't supposed to be displayed on a live website for security reasons.
Still, I've added a patch to avoid that.
The fatal error comes from something trying to display an error message with a wrong formatting.
I've also added a patch on our end so that error messages with a wrong formatting are discarded to avoid similar fatal errors.
Donwload the install package on our website and install it on yours to get these patches.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #298032 by dbarnhart863
Great. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum