Adding VAT To Existing Shop

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
3 years 9 months ago #321272

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19

Hi

I have site which has now been running for about a year. The client is to become VAT registered so when this happens VAT will be charged from that date.

The initial default rate I set as 0% and this was applied to products and postage.

So do I set up new rate or can I update the existing rate and in doing so would that effect previous orders?

Thanks

David B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 9 months ago #321274

Hi,

You can change the rate of the existing tax rate. Note that you also need to have a tax rule for that tax rate in the System>Taxes listing so that the tax rate is actually added.
I would recommend to create another tax rate and another tax rule. Then, you can use the start and end dates of both tax rules so that it will automatically do the switch on the date and time you want.

Old orders won't be affected.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 8 months ago #321457

Hi Nicolas

I will need to apply the new rate to all products and postage rates. I would appreciate some guidance if this is possible carrying it out via Mass Actions please?

Thanks

David B)

3 years 8 months ago #321463

Hi,

You can use a mass action to change all the products prices via the menu System>Mass actions. You'll want to use one action "update the values" on the column price_value with the type "operation" and the value : price.price_value*xxx
where xxx is the coefficient you want to use to update your products prices.
For the shipping methods, there is no automated system. So either you edit them one by one, or you run a MySQL query on the hikashop_shipping table elements to do basically the same thing as the mass action system can do on the products.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 8 months ago #321531

Hi Nicolas

I actually would like to update the tax/VAT for products going forward. The current rate is 0% for the default tax category. So as from tomorrow 1st July for instance all sales would have 20% tax/VAT added. This would also apply to the postage rates.

I can create a new rate which I would then need to apply to existing products that are still on sale and the postage charges.

I may be incorrect but the solution you have provided increases the price by 20% but would not change the tax category or rates? Apologies if I am misunderstanding your previous answer!

Thanks

David B)

Attachments:

3 years 8 months ago #321545

Hi,

If you just want to change the tax rate on the prices of your products, just edit the tax rule from the System>Taxes menu and select a new tax rate that you can first create via the "Manage tax rate" button of that tax rules listing.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds