Discount Coupon to Include SHIPPING Please!

• Thank you received: 6
6 years 10 months ago #269397

Please add SHIPPING as part of the Discount Coupons.

Having a DISCOUNT with FREE SHIPPING Coupon Code is an excellent first-time perk for customers.

Something like:

( ) Make Shipping Free
( ) Make Shipping Discount same as Coupon Discount

I have several clients asking for this.

Thank you.

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by MSTACE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 10 months ago #269466

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. Note that you can already have coupons for shipping fees with HikaShop if you use AWOCoupon:
awodev.com/products/joomla/awocoupon

• Thank you received: 94
6 years 10 months ago #269470

"Note that you can already have coupons for shipping fees with HikaShop if you use AWOCoupon"

Well..... kinda.

The way AWO Coupons works for shipping is not exactly what store owners want when they offer a shipping coupon.
Let's say you set up an AWO Shipping coupon for "Free Shipping" valid only for UPS Ground.

Here's an example with a pretend customer buying $100 worth of product, UPS ground costing $22.00, and their tax rate is 7%.

Without the coupon, we have:
Product subtotal = $100
Tax = $7.00
Shipping = $22.00 (non-taxable shipping assumed, as that's most common for our clients in USA)
Grand Total = $129

- The amount of the shipping will vary depending on the destination address and what they're buying. This is good so far - the amount is dynamic and you can choose which shipping method(s) to include on the offer. So AWO sets the coupon value = $22

- When AWO creates the coupon value, the checkout page will show the discount as a price reduction on the ORDER, not on the shipping line itself. So what you end up with is:

Product Subtotal = $100.00
Tax = $5.46 [Uh oh, what happened here? We'll get to that in a minute]
Shipping = $22.00 [Huh? customers see this line and get confused for a moment... "Why is shipping not showing up as FREE??"]
Coupon = -$22.00 [Customer - "Oh, wait there's my discount.... Does it match what I'm being charged for shipping? Uh, ok..."]
Grand Total = $105.46

Therefore, there are two big problems with this approach:

- The customer expects to see a "free shipping" coupon show up as "Shipping = $22.00 $0.00" Not displaying it this way causes customer confusion, hesitation during checkout, etc. Anything that causes the customer to rethink their purchase during checkout is BAD for sales conversions. It will also show up that way on the order copy, invoice, etc.

- The AWO coupon will apply the discount to the ORDER for the equivalent amount of money as the shipping charge. This results in the taxes being incorrectly collected from the customer. Asking a client change their setting to be "Coupons After Taxes" is not a proper fix because normally store owners WANT discounts applied before taxes for product coupons. But in this case it's completely wrong. The discount is for shipping, not products, and local tax authorities won't be too keen if they realize a store owner is under-collecting by applying a shipping discount to the product value before calculating taxes.

We really would like to have real Shipping coupons in native HikaShop to address these issues.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by PolishedGeek.

• Thank you received: 6
6 years 10 months ago #269492

PolishedGeek wrote: "We really would like to have real Shipping coupons in native HikaShop to address these issues.

Yes, I have used AWOCoupon before and found the same issue.
A real Hikashop coupon is the way to go...

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by MSTACE.

6 years 10 months ago #269473

Thank you for your feedback.

• Thank you received: 3
6 years 10 months ago #269624

PolishedGeek wrote:
- The AWO coupon will apply the discount to the ORDER for the equivalent amount of money as the shipping charge. This results in the taxes being incorrectly collected from the customer. Asking a client change their setting to be "Coupons After Taxes" is not a proper fix because normally store owners WANT discounts applied before taxes for product coupons. But in this case it's completely wrong. The discount is for shipping, not products, and local tax authorities won't be too keen if they realize a store owner is under-collecting by applying a shipping discount to the product value before calculating taxes.

We really would like to have real Shipping coupons in native HikaShop to address these issues.

I have to agree with this I have the same problem with AWO coupon. The tax issue being discussed above is a big issue for our client and they are not happy using AWO because it is not setting the shipping price to "0" or free only applying a discount for the shipping while leaving the shipping price the same. Multiple customers have complained because they expect the shipping price to show as "0" and they think they are still being charged for shipping.

I 100% agree this needs to be a coupon in hikashop itself. I would also note from a customers standpoint when using a free shipping coupon in hikashop it might be even better to have a free shipping coupon value have an option in the coupon settings to show the words "free shipping" instead of just setting a value of "0".

So, in the checkout, customer emails and admin it would show as below.

Shipping: $0.00 (free shipping)

Also, have the value "free shipping" text in the language file so the text could be changed if need be.

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by jschroeder. Reason: forgot to write something.

• Thank you received: 75
6 years 10 months ago #269638

Just would like to add also our wish for Hikashop coupons to include shipping.

• Thank you received: 114
6 years 10 months ago #269646

Another + here!

• Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
6 years 4 months ago #282934

Yes, it's very important to apply the coupon on the final total!

Horrible example:

Total cart: 85 €
    Coupon: -100 €
    Total: 0 € . (or rather -15€)
    Shipping: 15 €
    Final total: 15 €

I let you imagine the complaints of buyers who have to pay for nothing ...

We are recommending this feature as soon as possible.

6 years 4 months ago #282936

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
Note that, as I already said above, you can already have coupons for shipping fees with HikaShop if you use AWOCoupon. So it's not like you can't do it if it is important for you hence why we don't consider that as an urgent feature.

6 years 4 months ago #283002

Hi Nicolas,

please note also as the previous posts show, AWOCoupon has several serious drawbacks especially when it comes to taxes.
It seems clear from this forum quite a number of your users do wish to have this feature native within Hikashop, with requests going back more than 5 years already, so giving it some priority would seem fair. Would it be possible to give an indication when such a feature might be added to Hikashop?

Thanks.

6 years 4 months ago #283005

Hi,

Hard to give any date since we didn't start such project yet.

• Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #283314

HikaShop 3.2.1 & HikaSerial 2.0.0

Thank you Nicolas for your answer:

nicolas wrote: Note that, as I already said above, you can already have coupons for shipping fees with HikaShop if you use AWOCoupon. So it's not like you can't do it if it is important for you hence why we don't consider that as an urgent feature.

But I think you did not hear my request. AWOCoupon does not fix this problem. I will try to give you a simpler example.

Example
- In a shop a product costs $ 30.- shipping costs $ 10.-. A standard customer will pay $ 30 + $ 10 = $ 40.-. (correct)
- Another customer has a $ 50.- voucher. This customer will pay $ 0.- without using any credit card. (correct)
- With HikaShop, the customer with the voucher must pay $ 0 + $ 10 = $ 10.-! (not correct)

This operation is wrong! No customer will agree to pay in this situation, in any country!

(Or I got it wrong for my settings HikaShop and you have another solution that I do not know in HikaShop.)

I see that I am not alone in asking for this correction which is not a new feature. It seems like they have been waiting for a while.

Thanks.

• Thank you received: 114
6 years 3 months ago #283329

Hi,

Ill give another + for this. I think Hikashop should start to create features which will give US, Hikashop users, more posibile profit/sales. I understand that Hikashop team are looking for creating new components, plugins and sell them to have more profit it selfs. That's how it works. But please don't forget about us and instead of creating features/plugins which basically does nothing you guys could add things which will help us to get more sales. I wont talk about what kinda features but some of them are missing....

Thanks

6 years 3 months ago #283323

Hi,

No, I totally understand what you want.
There are many cases where the coupons are only applicable to the price of the goods and not the price of the shipping.
So saying "No customer will agree to pay in this situation, in any country" is wrong.
I agree that being able to do what you want would be great, but you can't say that what the system does right now is wrong.

Also, in your example, you could configure your shipping methods with a minimum price of 0.01 and create a new shipping price with a maximum price of 0.01 and a price of 0.
That way, when you apply a coupon that gives an amount of 0, it will also give free shipping.

And while AWOCoupon has issues in the way it calculate the taxes for the coupons in some cases, it can do what you want in your example with the shipping amount taken into account by the value of the coupon as far as I understand.

6 years 3 months ago #283494

Hi Nicolas,

just wanted to point out:
Your suggestion of configuring a shipping method with price 0 is still not a very good solution.
Let's say a customer has a coupon for € 50,- and buys a product of exactly € 50,-, then he will get the product for free but should still have to pay for shipping because the coupon is fully used up, but with your suggestion shipping will then also be free.

Yes, AWOCoupon can deduct shipping price with coupons, but the way it does so is not very intuitive and is confusing to users, it's not just about taxes which are calculated incorrectly.

We still very much hope you will take this into consideration and implement this feature in the near future.

6 years 3 months ago #283501

Hi,

Yes, I was very well aware of the points you mentioned in your message.
Thank you for precising.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds