Quantity input method in cart

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 5 months ago #312312

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

Quantity input method setting is ignored on checkout cart. I have set default or default in div, so should be + and - sign for input.
At product view is working ok, but on cart I just get number input with refresh button. Select is also working with cart, but we need + and -.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 5 months ago #312313

Hi,

Yes, the quantity input method option is for the product page and the listings.
There is no code to implement it on the cart details page or the checkout cart view.
Supporting that there would require some development.
Alternatively, you can edit the file "show_block_cart" via the menu Display>Views in order to change the way the input field is displayed and add the - and + the way you want.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 5 months ago #312333

I think this should be consistent to all inputs. It is realy simple UX issue and should be resolved in next release.

Will it work if I copy code from product page?

4 years 5 months ago #312351

Hi,

It's not so easy.
You can't just copy / paste the code from elsewhere. The code needs to be rewritten, retested, and there are around ten modes to support. So it's not like we can do that in 5 minutes.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 5 months ago #312373

Nicolas, thanks, I understand
Please include this in your tasks for future releases.

• Thank you received: 747
4 years 5 months ago #312377

Hi,

Sorry if I butt in here, but I strongly oppose +/- buttons/icons in any cart details (menu item, module or checkout).
While it's ok in product listings and detail pages, cart rows are already sort of crowded near the quantity input with delete and reload icons. Adding more icons or so there creates, IMHO, more of a UX issue than benefit, especially on mobile devices.
Let's keep it clean instead? Especially since I've never heard of anyone being unable to figure out how to use the simple quantity input field. ;)

Thank you.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

• Hikashop Business
4 years 5 months ago #312378

Well, its option.
From UX point of view...
+/- button to change quantity for 1 - 1 click/tap (no need to reload)
input field - 1click/tap to point to input field, delete, input new value, reload, so depends on user skills at least 3x more steps
And if there is an option, should be consistent for all site.

PS
Those things made me to change from Virtuemart to Hika. Just essential e-commerce, ux and marketing things for which most of the eshop components fails.

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by mojweb.

4 years 5 months ago #312382

Hi,

Thanks you for your input both of you.
Another point against this is that usually people don't change the quantity of the products in the cart. So the buttons are less relevant than on the product page.
Also, if you use a "show select" input method, the cart view do display a dropdown. So it could be worth looking at using that.
And finally, being able to add the + and - on the cart view while also allowing to only have them on the products listing/details page without having them on the cart will again require more options to be added, which I'm not keen on adding.
So I think it requires more feedbacks and discussion on the topic before we do something.

• Thank you received: 114
4 years 5 months ago #312572

Hi,

I would like to add my feedback here to if not to late and maybe something like a feature request.

1. I would like to see cart listing menu item as ajax. If it's empty it should display cart empty message and NOT empty table rows with joomla system message that cart is empty ( which we should get rid long time a go ) as it is right now. Then probably all cart empty things should redirect to this menu item...

2. Hikashop cart module should have 2 buttons.

a. view cart, which will go to cart listing menu item.
b. checkout, which will go of course to checkout.

Pressing on module it self should go to cart instead of the checkout.

3. Checkout cart should have only "change" button/text which would redirect you back to cart listing and all changes should be done there. Having a lot of options in checkout could lead to drop/abandon it. So i definitely not recommend to allow any changes to cart while in checkout. It should be as simple as possible with less distraction...

And finally please give as a wishlist for guest users. We have been asking it for ages. :) Well at least i do and some other members....

Thanks

4 years 5 months ago #312587

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
It's taken into account.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds