SOLVED: Discount displayed but not calculated

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313542

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Opera 65.0.3467.48
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Discounts not being calculated

Hi,
I've put a 20% discount across all gifts and its sub-categories. The discount shows up as '-20%' in the shopping cart but the amount/total isn't adjusted accordingly.
Any ideas? We need this to work urgently.

Thanks
Ian and Stu

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313543

I changed the setting over to 'coupon' and it started working. However, we don't issue coupons so can you let me know what the difference is and it may help other users when deciding between 'coupon' and 'discount'.

Thanks
Ian and Stu

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 4 months ago #313557

Hi,

A coupon is applied to the whole cart when the customer enters the code of the coupon in the coupon field of the checkout (or if you have the "auto load in cart if possible" setting of the coupon and that the restrictions of the coupon are met with the current cart).
A discount applies automatically to the prices of the products it is added to. It will apply to the prices on the products listings, on the product details page, on the cart etc as long as the restrictions of the discount are met.
You can have one different discount applied to each product of a cart, but you can only have one coupon for a cart.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313576

Thanks,
I cans see now that the product details are completely changed. Unfortunately, unlike with coupons, the customer doesn't see the before/after prices anywhere. If this is the standard behaviour, we can live with it.

Regards,
Ian and Stu

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 4 months ago #313577

Hi,

It is possible to display the before / after price with discounts. It actually depends on the "Show discounted price" setting in the HikaShop configuration for the product page and the same setting in each module / menu item you use to display the listings.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds