- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Custom fields not showing up on shipping invoice, referral here by Jerome
- dmccrearyhika
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
6 years 10 months ago #313422
by dmccrearyhika
Custom fields not showing up on shipping invoice, referral here by Jerome was created by dmccrearyhika
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.14
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
Dear Hikashop...
I posed a question (and paid for an hour of Jerome's time) to investigate why custom fields are not showing upon the shipping invoice generated by Jerome';s PDF plugin.
My initial query and Jerome's reply are here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/19-hikamarket/898...ed-1-per-vendor.html
Jerome's last comment on the issue was:
"Because the problem is also in HikaShop orders, I do think that it will be better to open a new thread in the HikaShop section of the forum but HikaMarket do not interact with it. The patch should be first in HikaShop."
Thus this posting here.
I would be very happy to pay for the time to figure out this glitch and fix it. This is a commercial project from a beloved client with a lot of money.
Please contact me through this forum or directly at webmaster@sailingsource.com
Perhaps I could pay Nicholas or another senior developer? Glad to provide admin, FTP, Cpanel, etc as required. Jerome's got all those, as he's done a lot of custom work for me on this site in the past.
Thanks for your time and consideration.
David
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.14
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
Dear Hikashop...
I posed a question (and paid for an hour of Jerome's time) to investigate why custom fields are not showing upon the shipping invoice generated by Jerome';s PDF plugin.
My initial query and Jerome's reply are here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/19-hikamarket/898...ed-1-per-vendor.html
Jerome's last comment on the issue was:
"Because the problem is also in HikaShop orders, I do think that it will be better to open a new thread in the HikaShop section of the forum but HikaMarket do not interact with it. The patch should be first in HikaShop."
Thus this posting here.
I would be very happy to pay for the time to figure out this glitch and fix it. This is a commercial project from a beloved client with a lot of money.
Please contact me through this forum or directly at webmaster@sailingsource.com
Perhaps I could pay Nicholas or another senior developer? Glad to provide admin, FTP, Cpanel, etc as required. Jerome's got all those, as he's done a lot of custom work for me on this site in the past.
Thanks for your time and consideration.
David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313443
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom fields not showing up on shipping invoice, referral here by Jerome
Hi,
As Jerome said, the PDF invoice plugin is supposed to be able to display custom item fields on the invoice/shipping invoice. And I can confirm that it is the case on my end.
So if that's not the case on your website it can come from several things:
- you're using an old version of the plugin which doesn't support that. In that case, updating the plugin would help.
- you're using a recent version of the plugin but you have an override of the invoice.php file from an old version of the plugin which didn't support that display.
- you're in a corner case because of the way the custom fields are configured in a special way I don't know about and which isn't handled properly.
To be able to analyze the situation and provide a solution, I would need:
- a backend access with a link to an order with the issue so that I can replicate the problem
- a FTP access so that I can add some debugging to figure out what's going on
- a link to this thread for reference.
Please provide that via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
As Jerome said, the PDF invoice plugin is supposed to be able to display custom item fields on the invoice/shipping invoice. And I can confirm that it is the case on my end.
So if that's not the case on your website it can come from several things:
- you're using an old version of the plugin which doesn't support that. In that case, updating the plugin would help.
- you're using a recent version of the plugin but you have an override of the invoice.php file from an old version of the plugin which didn't support that display.
- you're in a corner case because of the way the custom fields are configured in a special way I don't know about and which isn't handled properly.
To be able to analyze the situation and provide a solution, I would need:
- a backend access with a link to an order with the issue so that I can replicate the problem
- a FTP access so that I can add some debugging to figure out what's going on
- a link to this thread for reference.
Please provide that via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds