• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #315724

-- url of the page with the problem -- : staging1.ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.15
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Need a little help with the Pre-Order Extension from Obsidev.

I purchased the extension, and tried to update everything...it "works" but does not display properly.

• No matter the amount of items I set for the pre-order stock (except 0 quantity)...it shows as if I actually have stock.
  • When there is a pre-order stock filled in, my add to cart button shows up, NOT pre-order button

I've shut off the custom CSS I had running, made sure legacy cart & checkout were set to no, and it still didn't work. So I tried the default css, and none for css, and also my custom css setups and it doesn't work. I've tried turning on legacy cart & check out, still doesn't work. I need this working ASAP.

Please see the screen shots as listed below:
  1. 1 Item for Pre-Order Stock - Custom CSS
  2. 1 Item for Pre-Order Stock - Default CSS
  3. 0 Item for Pre-Order Stock - Custom CSS
  4. 0 Item for Pre-Order Stock - Default CSS

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Dragon41673.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 1 month ago #315754

Hi,

This means that you must have some view overrides in your template.
Rename temporarily the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop via FTP and that will deactivate all the view overrides in your template. The text on the button should then change properly indicating that the problem comes from onew of the view override files in that folder. So you can rename back the folder and then rename each file in it one by one in order to identify the culprit.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #315902

Hello Nicolas...thank you for getting back to me. I've been down with the flu, and for some reason I didn't get the notice that you replied. I will give this a try this weekend as I start to feel better & reply back ASAP.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

• Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #315940

Nicolas...I've confirmed that it is the subfolder Product that is causing the issue. There's only 1 file in there, Product.PHP

So, I am unsure as to how to proceed. Obviously, this override shows the issue...but if I were to leave the folder changed as I did in the test...what possible harm can it cause to the overall site?

I've never noticed how much of a change it is, granted the Kraken Template from Rockettheme isn't "HikaShop Optimized"...and I'm looking at some now for the pending update to Joomla! 4....but what kind of impact overall can I expect if I were to keep this change active?

Also, since we are on this kind of subject...If I were to get a HikaShop Optimized template when I update the site, can I expect this type of issue in the future or because it is HikaShop Optimized (or made for HikaShop in mind), will these kids of issues NOT be a problem in the future?

Thank you

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 1 month ago #315952

Hi,

This means that at some point in the history of the website, you went in the menu Display>Views and edited that view file to make a change.
I don't know what you changed.
If you don't see any change when you renamed it, then maybe you just saved the view file without modifying it and in that case you still got the override and thus you just didn't get the modifications we had to do to it in the past to support the modification of the add to cart button text dynamically like this plugin is doing.
If you use a template optimized for HikaShop (which has many HikaShop view files overrides):
- either the template provides updates and in that case, you can update HikaShop and the template and you won't have such problems
- or it doesn't and in that case, it's indeed likely that you'll have more of these kind of issues
I personally prefer to stay away from such templates when I work on a website so that I minimize the risk of issues when updates are needed. But this means that you need more work at the start to customize HikaShop to better fit with the template... So it's a trade-off.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #315986

Thank you for the explanation Nicolas! I definitely appreciate it.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds