Shipping and payment options show only 1 instead of multiple

• Thank you received: 22
4 years 3 months ago #314343

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.14
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.13

Hi,

I'm having trouble showing multiple shipping and payment methods in the shop.
Both looks like the first on is picked.

I have the legacy checkout set to no. Turning it to yes shows me options but changing them and saving it and turning legacy off again also did not help.

I've tried every variant but cannot find why I'm not seeing other options. For testing I've removed every restriction I could find but still.. no luck.

Any tips on how I can try to find the issue or try a different test ?
Never seen this before so I'm puzzeled at this moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
4 years 3 months ago #314349

Hi,

It's probably that you've activated the "read only" option of the "shipping" and "payment" views in your checkout workflow in the HikaShop configuration. In that case, instead of displaying a list of the shipping/payment methods with radios to select the one you want, it only displays the one selected. It's useful to have such view in the last step of the checkout as a "confirmation" step.
But in most cases you want that setting to be turned off, as it is by default.

4 years 3 months ago #314358

Hi Nicolas,

That sounded very plausible but unfortunately they where not in the read-only mode... Also switching them on and back did not do anything helpful.

And I see I forgot to add the link to the site... (sorry)
devree.info/producten

4 years 3 months ago #314396

Hi,

I checked your website but I do see several of them in the checkout selection system :
monosnap.com/file/1nR3rzDoucxH2CfFJka1NspiEZwhi4

4 years 3 months ago #314418

Hi,

I also see multiple options when I proceed / login.
But this is not what I'm talking about. It's the shipping that you can see when you have not entered any credentials yet.

Then I would expect to see all options that you could possibly use (depending on your cart content) and not just one.

The thing is that I cannot remember having this so I guess I triggered something but having a hard time finding what :(
Must be something trivial but cannot find what could be the cause.
The readonly tip would have been a perfect fit but it was not the case unfortunately.

4 years 3 months ago #314432

Hi,

Are you talking about this:
monosnap.com/file/NjBg5i8YIul9MlXtTbNGzg3STjEVie
?
That's the default shipping method. When the cart is loaded and a shipping method has not yet been selected, the first shipping method of the available shipping methods is automatically selected.

I'm afraid you would have to customize the file "show_block_cart" via the menu Display>Views if you don't want to display the shipping fee in the first step of the checkout.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nico.van.leeuwen

4 years 3 months ago #314446

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. I will change the view then to remove the confusion.

In my opinion it would be a nice feature if we had the choice to display all the options here by choice or hide everything next to showing the first.
For this customer (and more) is just showing 1 option very confusing. People want to know all the options before they proceed or they often leave the shop because they think that this is the only option.

My little workaround is to put the possible shipping options in a text field (there are not so many) but the downside is that it's not dynamic and risking that they are not updated every time the shipping rates change. If you can think of any tips then please :)

I realise that shipping can be a pain because you don't know any details about the customer but in cases like this we know exactly what the options will be and would like to show them in advance giving customers a direct view of the options.

Thanks for your time !

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds