Shipping address not showing up in Paypal

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 11 months ago #17285

I have a store setup at www.catchat.ca that sells mostly to Canada and US. For Canadian orders, the shipping information gets emailed from Paypal when an order is created however; for US orders, the shipping info doesn't come through. Is there a setting to fix that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 11 months ago #17296

That's a common problem with paypal.
You need to change the line:
$vars["address_override"]='1';

to:
$vars["address_override"]='0';

in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal.php

We're going to add a new option for that for next release as it seems that both options are possible and in most cases the value 1 is better.

12 years 10 months ago #18241

Thanks for the help. I made this change in the file, however; the shipping address is still not showing up in the emails. Any other ideas about how this can be done?

12 years 10 months ago #18244

If you don't see the shipping address in the emails, it means that you didn't set any weight in your products or that it is so small it has been considered as 0. Please check on that.

12 years 10 months ago #18247

Thanks. I'll have a look at that. If that's the case, how would that account for the difference between Canadian and US orders. The same products are being purchased by Canadian customers and their shipping address is coming through. It's just on the US orders that it's not...

12 years 10 months ago #18252

That's not possible. The emails sent by HikaShop would either all have the shipping address or none of them.
You must be talking about the emails sent by paypal. Paypal only sends the shipping address in the email when the customer creates a new account. There is nothing we can do on hikashop's end for that.

12 years 10 months ago #18255

Yes I am talking about the email sent by PayPal. Again, this explanation doesn't seem to account for why it would come through for all Canadian customers but no US customers. Surely some US customers would have created new accounts...

12 years 10 months ago #18264

Well, that's the only explanation I have.
In any case, HikaShop sends the address information to PayPal for ALL customers.If you don't see it in some PayPal emails, you should contact PayPal as we cannot help you.

12 years 10 months ago #18275

We spoke to PayPal and did a test run and they said the US addresses are not coming through from the site. I did a quick test using a US address and the billable form on PayPal does not have the shipping address in it that I filled out on the cart side. So, is there some way to ensure that shipping for US customers gets sent to PayPal?

12 years 10 months ago #18276

Currently, the email from the store does not have shipping info on it. Is is possible to change that so that the email from the store DOES have shipping because if so, that would save us the trouble of having to deal with the paypal side.

12 years 10 months ago #18277

Please make sure that you have a weight set in your products. The shipping address should then be displayed during the checkout and the shipping address will then be available in the emails.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #20847

i am kinna having a problem with this as well.

i am only accepting paypal as a payment.

i am by passing registration and hoping to get the shipping address from paypal to steamline the process.

i have myself set up 2 accounts each with different credit cards to test.

1 Store account (recieving payment)
2 Customer account (making payment)

When a payment is sent through hikashop, i enter no registration or shipping details. The shipping details which are already stored in the customer account in paypal are not available in paypal in the store account.

I use another palpal plugin without registration and the shipping details are available.

I have a weight specified for the item

Am i going wrong somewhere.

Thnaks

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by alastairmark.

12 years 9 months ago #20859

You need to change the "address override" option of the paypal plugin.

12 years 9 months ago #20997

I have tried both the options in the address over ride and cannot get the shipping address to appear in the paypal reciept area of paypal.

In a previous post you wrote,

That's a common problem with paypal.
You need to change the line:
$vars["address_override"]='1';

to:
$vars["address_override"]='0';

in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal.php

We're going to add a new option for that for next release as it seems that both options are possible and in most cases the value 1 is better.

Does this line still exist or has it been over written with new code as the post is quite old?

It is crucial that i have this address appear as my client wants a simplified checkout experiance with payments directly to paypoal with no registration.

Thnaks

12 years 9 months ago #21005

The override option is what is was talking about in that previous post. So you don't need to change that code anymore but just toggle the override address option.

The question is: once you arrive on paypal, there is a link "I don't have a paypal account, pay by credit card". If you click on it, you should see a form with the address sent by HikaShop.
If you don't see the address, it means that the plugin address options are not correct. If you see the address there, it means that HikaShop properly sends the address. If you still don't have the address in the email receipt sent by paypal,it means that the problem lies in the settings of your paypal account and you should contact paypal for help.

12 years 9 months ago #21022

In my settings there is no registration or ability to input an address. Please do a dummy purchase at

www.549.com.au/shop/index.php?option=com...ut=listing&Itemid=11

The address is in the customers existing paypal information and should be available to me. But it is not.

I use a $2 paypal extension for the following payment on site

www.549.com.au/index.php?option=com_cont...=blog&id=2&Itemid=22

Please do a dummy purchase. As you can see, no registration is required, but when i recieve a paypal payment the shipping information is available in paypal using this cheap extension.

I have used the same dummy customer using the same credit card. The shipping address is visable to me in the cheap extension but not in the Hikashop extension.

My client is not wanting any registration on his site.

Thx

12 years 9 months ago #21034

Could you try to remove the line:
"no_shipping" => "1",
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal.php and try again ?

HikaShop having its own address system, it always uses it over the paypal one. It's not a matter of being cheap or not but a matter of the way the extension is used.

12 years 9 months ago #21078

Nicolas,

Removing the "no_shipping" => "1", has worked perfectly for me.

I am sorry if you thought in any way that i was comparing Hikashop to a cheap extension. That is certainly not the case and i appolgise for my bad choice of words.

I now have the cart set up exactly how my customer wanted it to be. I have purchased a business licence and will be getting another 2 for the same customer in the near future as he wants the site cloned but with different sale items.

Thanks for all your help.

Alastair

12 years 9 months ago #21083

I have the same problem and I tried changing the "address override".. It seems like nothing has changed. Does it really have something to do with the option on PayPal or this comes from HikaShop?

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by warriorfullights. Reason: removed intro, dont want to be too formal, sorry about that

12 years 9 months ago #21092

@alastairmark : great. We'll see what we can do to improve that.

@warriorfullights : Please try the modification I talked about in my previous post:
remove the line:
"no_shipping" => "1",
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal.php and try again ?

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds