Translate "Bank account information" in "Bank Transfer" payment plugin

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
10 months 2 weeks ago #352291

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 114.0.5735.110 (64-bit)

I would like to translate the field "Bank account information" of the "Bank Transfer" payment plugin, but when i click at the translation flags (at the hikashop backend) then only the Name and Description fields of the payment method can be translated.

I created a language override called BANK_ACCOUNT_INFO for each one of the languages of my site and put that override constant at the field "Bank account information" but it is not translated at the front end. The translation should be shown at the confirmation page, when the user chooses "Bank account deposit" to be the payment method for his order and then clicks the Finnish button, but instead of that only the constant name BANK_ACCOUNT_INFO shows up at the confirmation page.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by aetoseditions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
10 months 2 weeks ago #352321

Hi,

You need to make sure you don't have any other characters other than the translation key in the "bank account information" setting: no spaces, no return lines, no HTML tags.
Then, you'll have the translation instead of the translation key at the end of the checkout.

The following user(s) said Thank You: aetoseditions

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
10 months 2 weeks ago #352328

Hi Nicolas, thank you very much for your immediate response.
You were absolutely right. I didn't notice that my WYSIWYG editor (TinyMCE) added the html tags <p> and </p> before and after the translation key: <p>BANK_ACCOUNT_INFO</p>. Now i have chosen the Joomla CodeMirror editor and i deleted the <p> and </p> tags from the field "Bank account information" (so i have left only the translation key BANK_ACCOUNT_INFO in the field). So now everything works as expected.

Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by aetoseditions.

• Thank you received: 3
7 months 3 weeks ago #354946

Would be great to make that field translatable by hikashop so we can manage it from one place and don't have to use language strings.

Last edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Petike1007.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds