qr scan - fatal errror

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #226494

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.10.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : qr reader - iphone
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : I have set up according to tutorial as best as possible. Upon receipt of ticket, when scanning to check if valid I receive a Fatal Error: call to a member function get () on a non-object in
home/dir/dir/components/com_hikaserial/views/srial/tmpl/consume.php on line 54.

I have only managed to get one bar code to scan succesfully and the remainder came back as invalid. I have tried nearly every setting under the sun however your serial / eticket tutorial is not exactly the clearest. It leaves a number of areas to guess at, or at least I find it like that.

Anyway, hope you can assist me.

I have set up according to tutorial as best as possible. Upon receipt of ticket, when scanning to check if valid I receive a Fatal Error: call to a member function get () on a non-object in
home/dir/dir/components/com_hikaserial/views/srial/tmpl/consume.php on line 54.

I have only managed to get one bar code to scan succesfully and the remainder came back as invalid. I have tried nearly every setting under the sun however your serial / eticket tutorial is not exactly the clearest. It leaves a number of areas to guess at, or at least I find it like that.

Anyway, hope you can assist me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 3 months ago #226517

Hi,

In the corresponding file, please replace

$return_url = $this->params->get('return_url', '');
By
$return_url = '';
if(!empty($this->params))
  $return_url = $this->params->get('return_url', '');
It will fix the PHP error.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Jerome. Reason: fix code

8 years 3 months ago #226588

Cheers guys, found the parse error I mentioned earlier as well, now scanning ok however the serials all return as invalid. Tried the two part as well and response again was invalid. Is there a way around this ????

http://YOUR_WEBSITE_URL/index.php?option=com_hikaserial&ctrl=serial&task=consume&hikaserial[serial_data]={serial.serial_data}&hikaserial[format]=html&tmpl=component

Some smartphone barcode scanner applications call the scanned url in order to check if the url exists. The result is that the serial will be consumed and you won't see the result of it in your smartphone because when you will click on the link to see the page, the serial will be already consumed by the call of the barcode scanner.

That's why we added in HikaSerial 1.8.2 the possibility to have a confirmation page when consuming a serial.
http://YOUR_WEBSITE_URL/index.php?option=com_hikaserial&ctrl=serial&task=consume&hikaserial[data]={serial.serial_data}&confirmation=1&hikaserial[format]=html
In this url, the serial data is passed in a different parameter and the parameter "confirmation" is added.

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Jerome. Reason: set quote for the quote

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 3 months ago #226592

Hi,

Good to know that you have applied the patch.
We will update the HikaSerial views in the next release.

So, you can scan a QR code, that code is then "used" but you can't see the result in your smartphone ?
If so, the addition of the parameter "confirmation=1" in the URL will fix that issue.

When you perform your tests ; if you want to test several time the same serial ; you can edit it in the backend and change his "status" into "assigned" (instead of "used").
So the consume process will be allowed again and you would be able to re-scan the QRCode.

Otherwise, the best would be to check your HikaSerial configuration.
You can use the contact email to send us such kind of private information.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 3 months ago #226651

I now have serials being consumed correctly via iphone scanning thanks to your help.

There were incorrect settings which I had applied within the group filter plugin which was causing the serials to return a 'serial invalid' response.

Many thanks for your assistance getting us up and running. :cheer:

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds