Conditional serial

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 8 months ago #322578

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- HikaSerial version -- : 3.1.1

Hi
1. We have one free product in our shop which is software supplied with serials. The idea is to allow this free product only to customers who made purchase in our shop or to our existing shop customers.

2. If we have new customer placing order for the first time, can we add this free software to the basket automatically? This would be only once with first order.

If there is no option for such a configuration, I would be happy to pay for custom coding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 8 months ago #322580

Hello,

HikaSerial will provide a serial when that product is bought.
The condition on how that product is added into the cart would be related to HikaShop only.

Now there is possibilities to add a serial to an order, serial which won't be related to a product.
There is for example the "serial per order" plugin.
It is possible to imagine a custom plugin, based on that one, which will only add a serial to the first order made by a customer.
But the customer will get the serial attached to his order (in the order details and email notifications) ; he won't see a product in his cart.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 8 months ago #322639

Hi Jerome
I would have another idea. In the plugins I can see Validate Free order. But I am not sure how it works.
But I would need plugin which will validate free order based on User shopping history. If he has any orders history, then he can process order with free product.
I would need another plugin which will validate product purchase. Let's say I have Software update product available only for customer who did purchase basic software in the past and has got serial attached to it. So I need to check if this serial exist to allow customer to buy this update.
Can you or other team member do this for me as custom work?

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 8 months ago #322681

Hello,

The HikaShop plugin "validate free order" is there to mark a free order as confirmed when the checkout is creating it.
If you have questions regarding that plugin, I recommend you to open a new thread, in the HikaShop section of the forum so the HikaShop support team will be able to tell you more about it.
For my point of view, you need to define your workflow, what you want for your customers.
You will need a custom plugin since it requires some special rules regarding the customer shopping history.
Afterwards, there is plenty of possibilities thanks to HikaShop flexibility ; you can even find a plugin in the marketplace to add a free product into the cart based on a coupon.

What I can tell you is that you can give serials when a specific product is bought ; and it's also possible to attach a serial to an entire order (so, not based on a product).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds