Functionality question regarding HikaSubscriptions

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 8 months ago #323281

Hello,

I have find this hikashop addon looking for a particular functionality that is both a subscription and a e-commerce. The idea is like this: The customer subscribe to receive a Basket of food every week-day. Or different basket on each week-day. A food-delivery subscription in another words.

Most if not all subscription components are for setting access to different parts of joomla.

I need a subscription to physical products. Who pay the subscription receive some physical products. Not user rights changes, serials (which are actually digital products) or items that become available to a certain user group of subscribers.

While a standard delivery can be set with Hikashop and many other components, more or less oriented on food delivery, there is no Subscription Based Food Delivery (or Subscription Based Product Delivery) functionality.

The question is: the HikaSubscription (I'm confused anyway since this thread is under HikaSerials and I don't understand the link between those ) offering something close to what I look for or is just a classic subscription components (like another dozen ones) that plays with user rights and allows access to certain parts of the website (Hikashop in this particular case)?

Custom development may be needed but I need a starting point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 8 months ago #323311

Hello,

The full name of HikaSubscription is "HikaSerial Subscription".
We realized that the core of HikaSerial can also support subscription systems via its content generation.

While HikaSubscription do provide classical features regarding action when a subscription start or expire ; it performs its action in a flexible way since it uses plugins for that.
You can have a subscription without actions ; so it will create a new HikaShop order each time the subscription is (automatically) renew.
Afterwards, if you need some special action (that I can't see in your email), it is possible to extends the component (like HikaShop) thanks to plugins and custom development.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds