Plugin Pre-order products

• Thank you received: 15
6 years 1 month ago #289995

Hi today I made a purchase of the plugin Pre-order products . My question is because I will sell digital games, it is possible for those customers who made a pre-order when the product is available (serial key) to associate with their purchase. Such an option would save me a lot of time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 1 month ago #289997

Hello,

Are you using the HikaSerial setting to link the product quantity with the number of available serials ?

The way that the "pre order" plugin is working is to increase the HikaShop product quantity in the database when a product is saved via the product edition interface (the real stock quantity + pre order number).
If you have the HikaSerial "link" feature activated, it will have some kind of conflict with the "pre order" plugin behavior and the result would be that less quantity than your real stock will be displayed.

But if you deactivate the feature and set-up the products with the good quantity ; it should work.
For sure, it will be best to integrate HikaSerial and the plugin together so HikaSerial could handle the "pre order" value too.
It's something I can add in the HikaSerial TODO list for a future release.

Regards

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neo191987

• Thank you received: 15
6 years 1 month ago #290090

This really is a very good idea that is missing so far and saves a lot of time. Hope to work in HikaSerial in the future. I have a little criticism about the site, make it in the menu so that it can be easily found the additional HikaShop plugins.If I had not followed you to Twitter, I would never have learned about them.

6 years 1 month ago #290095

Hello,

The marketplace is not completed yet.
Please be sure that you will find a menu for it when we will open it !

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: neo191987

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 3 weeks ago #290691

Evening Jerome,

would it be possible to add one extra column `product_preordered` and output the $pre_orders value to it?

It would be helpful to have a notification if products are sold from the pre-order stock and have at least a notification through a mass action.

Regards, Rene

6 years 3 weeks ago #290696

Hello,

There is a field "product_preorder".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 weeks ago #290714

Afternoon Jerome,

I know, but that field is used for the pre-orde stock limit, so that value does not change if something is ordered form the pre-order stock.

You do output the used pre-order stock as:

JText::sprintf('PRODUCT_ALREADY_X_PREORDER', $pre_orders)

But I would like to have that output value in it's own column so I know that something has changed.

6 years 3 weeks ago #290721

Hello,

you have "product_quantity" which is the "real" quantity + the pre-order quantity.
if "product_quantity" is bigger than "preorder", it means that the product is still available. And the "real" value is just the difference.
if "product_quantity" is lower than "preorder" so your value is the product_quantity.

There is no need to store an additional information because it can be processed with the existing values.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 weeks ago #290760

Evening Jerome,

yes I know but, correct me if I am wrong, there is no (direct) indication if a product is bought out of the “real” quantity or out of the pre-order quantity.

That information is only available in the product back end and not on the order or the administrator order confirmation.

As long as you work with products that are sold on an pre-order basis that is just fine, since you know that what you sell is only pre-order and have a maximum limit of products that can be pre-ordered.

If you need to use the pre-order plugin as a back order fix then it is important that you know when a product is no longer available in the shop and customers are buying trough pre-order.

I already created the new “product_preordered” column and I only need to get the “$pre_orders” value into that column any suggestion would be welcome.

Regards, Rene

6 years 3 weeks ago #290766

Hello,

I don't understand what you're asking and more important ; I don't understand what you do not understand in that plugin.

product_quantity > product_preorder = available
product_quantity < product_preorder = pre-order

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
6 years 2 weeks ago #291045

Afternoon Jerome,

Nope, the function of the pre-order pluging is clear enough, but I want (need) to use it to overcome the fact that it is still not possible to have back-orders in Hikashop.

I do find some problems with the pre-order plugin as is.

For normal products, if product “real” quantity = 0 and the pre-order stock is exhausted the product stock message is still showing "No stock, pre-order available" instead of the normal “No stock” message.

For the product variants it is working as it should so in above situation the “No stock” message is displayed.

In both situations the add to cart button is no longer available, so that is okay.

From product_preorderclass.php

if($pre_order < 0)
   $pre_order = -1;
$product->product_preorder = $pre_order;
and from productpreorder.php
if($pre_order == -1 && $qty == 0) {
  $product->product_quantity = -1;
  continue;
}
From the above I assume that you do allow for a negative (-1) value for the pre-order stock, since a higher negative value is turn gated to -1 and not to 0.

If I use a negative value of -1 as the preorder stock, then this will happen:

product_quantity = 0 => product_preorder = -1 => product_quantity remains 0

In the front end the total stock is shown as +1 but if you try to order it shows the not enough stock message.

product_quantity = +1 => product_preorder = -1 => product_quantity will now show +1

In the front end the total stock is shown as +2 and as soon as you sell one item the you get the not enough stock message if you try to order the last showing item.

I did test this with Joomla 3.8.6 Protostar and Beez3 template, HikaShop Business 3.3.0 and PHP Version 5.4.16

It's not that I want to be nitpicking or maybe I am just stupid, but it seems to me that it's not working as it should.

Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Jerome. Reason: [code] tag is nice

6 years 2 weeks ago #291093

Hello,

HikaShop bases its algorithm on the value of "product_quantity".
Which means that if that field is "0" ; there is no more stock and it's not possible to buy the product anymore.

Changing dynamically what is displayed in the product page won't change that thing.
So, even if you can still see some code to "support" negative value ; that "negative" value is not there to authorize an unlimited quantity of pre-order products.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds