• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
4 months 1 week ago #357674

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.5 [2308101603]
-- HikaSerial version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.9
-- PHP version -- : 8

Hi,

I have a problem that perhaps can be solved with a technical strategy suggestion from you.

In Hikashop I created two video tutorial subscription products linked to two subscription plans with Hikaserial:
- monthly (with recurring payment with Paypal)
- and annual (without recurring payment).

The Joomla category and related articles showing video tutorials have the same level of access which in this post we will call "videoaccess" relative to the Joomla user group with the same name.
Consequently, the lessons are accessible both to those who have a monthly subscription and to those who have an annual subscription.

I want those who have the monthly subscription to initially only see the lessons of month 1.
When they pay for month two, they will be able to see the lessons of month 2 and so on.
To do this I used Acymailing follow ups and its automations.
So, if a person purchases the monthly subscription on Hika, he is subscribed to the 12 email follow up and every month he receives an email with the links of the reference month.

So far, so good. Now the problem is this, I would instead like to show a navigation menu to those who have an annual subscription, so that having paid for the whole year they can immediately view all the lessons for a year.

Here I don't know how to solve the problem, because if I put a navigation menu with "videoaccess" access level, even those who have a monthly subscription will see it.
If I create an access level for annual subscribers, say "annualvideoaccess" for the user group with the same name, and link HIkaserial's product and annual plan to the "annualvideoaccess" access level, these customers will not see the lessons because they are associated with the "videoaccess" access level.

HIKASHOP allows you to associate the purchase with only one group of users, so I cannot associate the annual subscription to the "videoaccess" group/level (to be able to access the lessons) and to the "annualvideoaccess" group/level to access the menu navigation.

Even if I create higher access levels and sublevels, this thing doesn't work.
So I ask you for a strategic technical solution.
I came up with things like creating a menu that points to a page with a password (there are extensions) in this way I provide those who purchase the annual subscription with a password that will allow them to access a specific page, in which I will place a joomla module that shows the navigation menu of all the lessons of the whole year.

Another solution that I would like to avoid is duplicating all the Joomla articles by putting one with one access level and copying it with another access level, it's not a great solution.
Maybe you can think of a more elegant solution, without needing to purchase new extensions.

Thank you

Regards
Francesco

Last edit: 4 months 6 days ago by studiocurci.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 1 week ago #357715

Or I could simply ask the HIKASHOP developers to use a multi-choice list instead of a radio button list for the feature: User group after purchase
Regards
Francesco

• Thank you received: 4004
4 months 1 week ago #357723

Hello,

I need to edit your first message and add some "formatting" in order to be able to understand it correctly.
Then, I'll be able to give you an answer with maybe some question regarding your settings.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

4 months 1 week ago #357725

Hello,

Your annual subscription and monthly subscriptions are not part of the same plan ; since they don't give the same rights.
So you need to create two plans for these two subscriptions and the HikaSubscription "group" feature to place the customer in the right group.
The "plan group" feature is multi-choice ; so the annual plan can add the user in two groups.

You should not use the HikaShop "user group after purchase" which is clearly incompatible with HikaSubscription philosophy ; HikaSubscription can perform the same kind of action but can revert it when the subscription expires (which is not the case with HikaShop).

Thus if you use HikaShop "user group after purchase", your customer will be forever in the "videoaccess" group.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

4 months 6 days ago #357777

Hi, sorry I used Google translate for the first post.

Yesterday I created a product linked to a one-day subscription. The user has been successfully added to the two user groups. This morning around 10 the subscription expired, but the user is still included in the two user groups. Instead, I would like it to be removed from the two user groups upon expiry.
How to do?
I know we are close to the Christmas holidays, but I urgently need to solve this problem because there are people who are ready to start with subscriptions on the site in production.
Thanks for your help
Francesco

Attachments:

4 months 6 days ago #357792

Hi,
solved, the problem was that on a testing site the cron didn't work.
Now everything is clear.
Regards
Francesco

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

4 months 6 days ago #357794

Hello,

Good to know.
Please note that you can trigger the cron task manually for your tests.

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ashop-cron-task.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds