• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #358096

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2
-- HikaSerial version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.0
-- PHP version -- : 8.2

Hi,

we are using HikaSerial to sell annual and monthly memberships using HikaShop PayPal Recurring Payment plugin.

I have three questions:

1. What happens if the automatic renewal fails on PayPal, due to expired card for example? Will HikaSerial renew the subscription anyway, or will it wait for PayPal to notify it about successful renewal?

2. What happens if the user cancels the subscription directly on PayPal, instead of via HikaSerial interface?

3. In case we decide to change the price of a subscription/plan, how can we change the renewal price for customers who purchased it before the price change? I noticed there is a way to do this with PayPal Subscription API , but not sure if it can be done via HikaSerial.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 months 2 weeks ago #358102

Hello,

1 - If the subscription is not renewed by Paypal recurring, it will expires at the end of the day.
It won't expire at the precise time (hour), since Paypal can have some delay, the plugin authorize that delay but the subscription will expire.

2 - The renewal won't be done, so as point 1, the subscription will expire

3 - Automatic renewal is based on the original price, from the original order ; changing the product price won't change the order price and can't change the recurring on paypal. Thus the renewal will continue on the same price.
That's why discounts are more difficult with HikaSubscription since the discount can be applied for all automatic renewals

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #358114

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I understood everything except for this part:

"That's why discounts are more difficult with HikaSubscription since the discount can be applied for all automatic renewals"

Can you please explain that? Are you suggesting we use discounts or avoid them with HikaSubscription?

• Thank you received: 4004
3 months 2 weeks ago #358137

Hello,

I'm just saying that, if you have a discount directly apply on a recurring product, that discount will be applied with the renewal.
So, if you want to use discount, you need to be aware of the implications regarding automatic renewals.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds