[Work In Progress] Characteristic edition

• Thank you received: 14
9 years 11 months ago #155771

Work In Progress

[ Part 1 - 14/05/2014 ]
As you know, HikaMarket does not allow to edit the characteristics (variants) in the front-end.
This feature is currently in development and I wanted to start a special thread to talk about it.
Thanks to it, we will be able to show the progression, giving some coding status etc.

The characteristic edition will be HikaMarket 1.5.0, the next major release.
Before the release, we will publish HikaMarket 1.4.1 which is ready (but we are waiting a little because it requires HikaShop 2.3.1 which is freshly available).

As you alreay know because it's in the titla, it's currently a "work in progress".
So for the moment the part which allow the user to create characteristics and affect one characteristic to a product is not there.

But when you edit a product in the front-end and this product have characteristics, you can see new tabs

With a little header, using the product image and the product name.

Thanks to this header, when you are in the second tab, you still know which product you are editing.
We are always doing a lot of stuff in the same time, it's easier to have the information there and not have to switch the tab every minute.

And precisely, the second tab !

It displays the list of the variants, having a brief report of the different items.
By a simple click on the table line, you will load the variant in "Ajax" (because it's cool to not reload all the page).

And tadaaaa !

You can edit only one variant at the time but you have always the access to the main product and to the variant list.

Because it is HikaMarket, you can configure all items you want to let the user access, it has his own ACL "tree branch", independent of the "product edit".

The current development (after a tiny night) allow to save the variant (still in ajax) and also to make a global save (to save the product and the variant in the same time).
It does not handle the custom fields "file" and "images" which are not compatible with the "dynamic ajax save". So we will add some checks in order to submit the all page when someone will try to save a variant with some data in this kind of custom field.
(If the previous sentence is not clearly understandable, I am truly sorry... It's also weird in my mind... hard to explain)

Anyway, the feature development is going in the right direction (I guess) and we still have some work to do to provide you a new kind of cool and super-easy user-friendly interface.

Hope this interface will made you happy because after the HikaMarket release, the HikaShop team will move it into the HikaShop backend.
Don't hesitate to give your feedback !

- J -

- HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer -
Obscurelighty / Otree / Opload javascript libraries
www.obsidev.com | Software development company
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 10 months ago #158996

Hello Obsidev,
I updated to the latest versions of Business and Hikamarket. Unfortunately no tabs appear in frontend editig though variants are added. and published Can you give me an idea when version 1.5 will be available? I am working on a marketplace project and there is a deadline of 2 months from now on. I would have to switch to an other software providing this feature now, since my client insist on it.
Regards
Thomas

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 10 months ago #159009

Hi,

The development is still in "work in progress".
We wanted to start this thread in order to show the progression of this feature which is asked since along time.
Due to the Joomla conventions and now a pretty big development project ; this development will have a delay of few weeks but we will continue to work on it during July and August (if it won't be done in July).

The current development version allow to edit the variants but does not allow to manage characteristics, options and custom fields like we want.
So there is still a missing feature and some interfaces are still waiting for improvements.

Like that I can't tell you if the development version could be use in a website, I think that the miss of the characteristic edition have an important impact and the edition of the variants can't be useful without the characteristics.
Otherwise, you will have to create the characteristics in the backend, set the characteristics in the backend for the product and then edit the variants in the front-end.

So I will prefer to finish the feature before making a release with something which is "half-made".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 10 months ago #159231

Hi Jerome,
yes I agree provisionals are no use. We postpone the project.
Thank you
Thomas

9 years 7 months ago #170547

Hi,

After a big re-factoring of the HikaShop product class in order to support the new way of variant generation, the HikaMarket interface have some news.

So it is now possible to add/delete the characteristics dynamically in the product page

When a characteristic is added, we select the default value ; the new algorithm will update the variants depending the values.
A modification in the list will refresh the variant listing in the other tab.

In the variant tab, it is now possible to add new variants, to "populate" the database with combinations.

The selection of the variant values is not finished, we will use the "namebox" system like we have for the category selection in the product page. In this "namebox", it will be also possible to create new values.
So, for the moment we are using "select boxes" in order to validate the rest of the process.

The variant list have now "check boxes" which allow "mass actions", like deletion or duplication.
The duplication will allow to select several variants and to copy then with another values for one characteristic.

We are validating the "duplication" process and finishing the implementation of the "namebox" (with the possibility to create elements dynamically).
Thanks to the re-factoring of the HikaShop product class algorithms, the new features are now possible and will offer us an easier integration of the new product edition interface in the HikaShop backend afterwards.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Attachments:

9 years 7 months ago #170969

Hi,

The development is still going forward. I'm starting to see something near what I wanted to achieve (even if the "namebox" system is not there... yet).

The new algorithm in HikaShop is working well, we tested it for a lot of different cases.
And it is now possible to "duplicate" variants, it will copy a variant (content, prices, files, images, etc).

Now the main features are in place, we're moving to the improvement of the UX with the finalization of the nameboxes to select easily the characteristic values (and dynamically create them).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Attachments:

9 years 7 months ago #172093

Hi,

We integrated oList and oNamebox libraries into HikaShop so HikaMarket (and after that HikaShop) is able to use it.
These librairies provide the features for the new interface:

When clicking on "add variants"

When choosing a value in the list

When making a search

The development is not finished yet ; we still have some cool features to add in order to provide you a productive and fast interface.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Attachments:

• Hikashop Business
9 years 6 months ago #173870

Hi Jerome,
Any idea when the new features will be available?
Best regards, and keep on going!
Thomas

9 years 6 months ago #173873

Hi,

I am currently using the "namebox" system in the rest of the interfaces (for the variant duplication, when adding a characteristic...)
I have also add the management of the vendor for the characteristic values.
After that, I will have to create the interface to manage the characteristics (and their values) in their own section of the front-end. So you will be able to manage (create/modify/delete) the characteristics and their values. Because in the product page, we add features to easily create new values but you can't edit/delete them.

Due to HikaShop 2.3.3 and Joomla 3.3.4, I've been delayed for this development, I had to help the rest of the team to test, patch and do the support.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds