Google Analytics plugin

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 5 months ago #28676

HikaShop Google Analytics plugin: This plugin enables you to track your sales with Google Analytics

I use AWstats and Google Analytics for general who/what/where stats on site traffic, but this is my first eShop, and just found this plugin. The documentation doesn't really give much away.

What do i expect to happen now ? At a code level what does it do ? Then once it has done what it does, where do i look in analytics ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: likandev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 5 months ago #28703

In analytics, you have an ecommerce section where you can get statistics on your sales if you use that plugin.

The AWstats plugin is only for you to track the traffic on your pages, while our plugin focuses on your sales. Both plugins can be use together of course.

At the code level, it's a bit like the other plugin: there is some javascript which is inserted on the page but this time only when orders are confirmed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: likandev

12 years 5 months ago #28802

when you say 'confirmed' do you mean the order status is confirmed or when the order is confirmed by the customer the order is created and they go to the payment plugin ?

12 years 5 months ago #28823

I mean when the order status is confirmed, ie that the payment has been done.

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by nicolas.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #36387

Where is the plugin to download?

12 years 3 months ago #36391

The plugin is installed automatically with HikaShop when you install the Business edition.
You can access it in the plugins manager of Joomla.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #44072

Hi,

i would like to use Google Analytics (*not hikashop product) to track my product in hikashop.

1. i have the tracking code, where should i paste it?
2. Or i need to install, eg: BIGSHOT Google Analytics to do this?
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-ma...cs-google-based/6170

Appreciate if you could give some advise. :)

anyone?

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by bomair.

12 years 1 month ago #44333

If you want to track your website accesses with google analytics then yes, you can use the bigshot plugin for example.
If you want to use the ecommerce tracking of sales via google analytics, then no, you will have to use the google analytics plugin in HikaShop.

10 years 9 months ago #114236

Hi Nicolas,

I have switched on this plugin one-two weeks ago. However, the e-commerce section in Google Analytics is still empty.

I had some purchases in my shop, but most of them use not a credit card payment method, but different one which can't be tracked by API.
Then after I receive payment, I go to back end's order section and manually switch order status from CREATED to CONFIRMED.
After that, when I ship out the product, I manually swith order status again from CONFIRMED to SHIPPED.
At which moment the system gives away the Google's snippet?
Am I doing correct procedure? Do I miss anything?

Thanks.

10 years 9 months ago #114425

Hi,

First, you not only have to enable the plugin, but you also need to configure it. Please make sure that you filled the account number and currency fields of the plugin so that it can work properly.

The plugin displays the google snippet on the page after the status has been confirmed. If you turn on the debug option of the plugin, you will be able to see the debug traces of Google analytics in the javascript console of your browser and that will allow you to see if it works or not:
developers.google.com/analytics/resource...ckingTroubleshooting

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds