Feature Request - Shipping Cost Estimates

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #93313

For quite a few years, we have used osCommerce and ZenCart for our e-commerce solutions. However, with our switch to using Joomla as the base for client websites, we have now switched to Hikashop.

Something that is a very serious issue for our clients is the ability for customers to get a shipping cost estimate prior to registering. In both OSC and ZC, it is a simple function when you go to the shopping cart. You click a link to bring up a pop-up, enter your zip or postal code, and any valid shipping methods/options (activated modules) are listed with prices.

It can be VERY difficult to get an online customer to buy when they cannot get an estimate of the shipping cost. Some online merchants overcharge for shipping. And many customers do not want you to have their info until they are ready to commit to buying (which they don't want to do until they know the entire price of the transaction).

I have read other threads that have discussed this issue, so I understand there are others who need this. I know our clients will lose business in the short term with their new Hikashop carts due to this issue (they sell competitive online products), so I hope this is something that I can tell them you are working on to resolve. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
11 years 2 months ago #93478

Hi,

We are not working on that at the moment. However, that's a feature request which has already been asked and which is on our todo list. I can't say when it will be done as we are working on other things for now.
If that's something you would like to have rapidly, there is always the possibility to have a third developer develop such module for you.

10 years 9 months ago #114229

This is a feature that I would also be interested in incorporating into the website. I agree it is important to the customer to understand what the estimated shipping cost will be (before entering all the address details)
Do you know of anyone that has developed such a module commercially?
Do you think it would be difficult to develop?
Thanks
Viv

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 9 months ago #114261

Hi Viv,

We don't know about such a module for now, but as Nicolas said, you can ask on our commercial jobs forum for someone to do it.
Since it require to have a good knowledge of Hikashop classes it's indeed something a little bit difficult to develop.

9 years 6 months ago #177257

Hi Eliot/Nicholas,

Is there an update to this feature request? Has it moved up along the feature request priority since requested? This thread is more than a year old and i'm trying to find answers to the same problem

Thanks
Moe.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 6 months ago #177313

Hello Moe,
No we still didn't had the time to work on it, but note that I just added it on our TODO list :).

9 years 6 months ago #177522

Hi I would also like to add that Hikashop being an extension of such magnitude it is indispensable and almost important that this very useful feature is included, and I also agree with the rest of contributors on the issue that it should be taken as top priority.
Probably there are more clients like myself and these 3 others, so it is some extra money for you Nicholas.

Really hope you going to include it in due course... :(

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds