BitCoin Plugin?

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 1 month ago #144118

Great news! Thanks for staying with it, and thanks to Extreme_one!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #144122

Are there any instructions on how to install/use/ the bitcoin plugin? I tried to use Extension Manager and it says it cannot find XML setup file. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Never mind, just had to extract the file!

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Hemingway.

• Thank you received: 7
10 years 1 month ago #144123

I have got it successfully installed. BTW the docs skip the step where you have to go to payment options, click 'new' and then select the Bitcoin plugin. It will not show up in the payment plugins list automatically without doing that.

A few questions about it:
-Transaction speed defaults to low. Is this ok? What are the technical details behind this choice?
-The payment statuses are unfamiliar. Can you describe what paid, confirmed, complete and invalid mean in the context of this plugin? Because confirmed isn't set to hikashop's 'confirmed' status in the demo pic so I assume there are differences.
-API Key is from Bitpay I am assuming? You may want to add to the docs to describe where/how to get this (I figured it out I think).

Other than that, I appear to have it up and running and will just need some test transactions to make sure everything is ok.

10 years 1 month ago #144128

jeremynsl, can you refresh my memory on where we find the Payment Options area? It's been a while since I bothered to try to work on this. . .

10 years 1 month ago #144129

Hikashop > System > Payment Methods

Then click 'New' in the upper right corner and find the Bitcoin plugin in the list and enable it for whatever currencies you want. Then you can go back to Payment Methods, choose the plugin and configure it as per the PDF.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hemingway

10 years 1 month ago #144131

Thank you! How about API key in the setup area? Is that considered the bitcoin wallet number? Ecuse my ignorance. First time with both Hikashop and Bitcoin.

10 years 1 month ago #144132

You need to sign up with Bitpay (basically this is like a Bitcoin Paypal - they are the payment intermediary). Then get an API key from them. Not sure exactly where I found it after signing up but it wasn't that hard.

All this - again - should probably go in the docs of the plugin in a later version.

10 years 1 month ago #144184

So I spent some time today testing the plugin. Unfortunately I could not get it to properly confirm an order.

After every order, Bitpay sends notifications for statuses 'paid', 'confirmed' and finally 'complete'. Each time one of these notifications was sent I got an email from Bitpay. I also got an email from Hikashop. Each Hikashop email, even after the order was deemed as 'complete' by Bitpay, said the order status was invalid. Each one said:

Hello,
A bitcoin notification was refused because it could not be verified by the bitcoin server
This notification was for the order on the website http://myurl

The subject of each email was:

Bitcoin payment notification refused:invalid transaction Server Response:

Additionally, the page that purchasers are forwarded to after making the payment with Bitcoin says:

Thanks so much for your purchase! Your download links have been sent to you in the order confirmation email. They are also accessible from your user menu - in the My Orders area.
NO_CURRENCY_FOUND_GOOGLE_ANALYTICS
Thanks so much for your purchase! Your download links have been sent to you in the order confirmation email. They are also accessible from your user menu - in the My Orders area.

I am not sure what that is shown twice. Also, it appears there is an issue with the GA plugin not recognizing BTC transactions obviously.

I can help test this - I really want to get it working. Just let me know what else to do.

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by jeremynsl.

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 1 month ago #144248

Great News and thanks to everyone for your efforts! I am unable to test it right now, but soon and then report. Thanks again

• Thank you received: 13037
10 years 1 month ago #144284

Thank you for your feedback. It seems to be a bug with the handling of the answer from the bitpay server for the payment notification verification.
Please install this version of the plugin and try again.

File Attachment:

File Name: h941ad89.zip
File Size:65 KB

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 11
10 years 1 month ago #145124

Thank you Hikashop team!

Now lets start using bitcoins and get the power back from the banks =)

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Extreme_one.

10 years 1 month ago #145493

Has anyone been successful getting Bitcoin orders confirmed in Hikashop? I haven't had time to try the latest version of the plugin yet myself.

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 1 month ago #145549

jeremynsl wrote: Has anyone been successful getting Bitcoin orders confirmed in Hikashop? I haven't had time to try the latest version of the plugin yet myself.

Testet and it works as supposed, great work :)

We bought a full version of Hika because of this plugin :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

10 years 3 days ago #149565

Will the Bitcoin plugin be developed or is it on the to do list? This post started one year ago.

• Thank you received: 94
10 years 3 days ago #149588

Yes, it's already been developed and is going to be (or is) an officially supported plugin as part of native HikaShop. :cheer:

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

10 years 3 days ago #149568

The plugin has already been developed, and I posted it a few messages before yours: www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...html?start=80#144284

9 years 11 months ago #153618

Hi guys.
Does anyone know why I'm getting this error:

Error
Sorry your transaction did not go through successfully, please try again.
Error:One or more fields is invalid

I setup hikashop bitcoin plugin with an API key I got from Bitpay. Tried with debug on and off. Plugin version h941ad89.zip, Joomla! 3.2.3 and HikaShop [1404042300] -starter.

When will hikashop officially support bitcoin and will be on Bitpay's list of supported e-commerce systems?

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by ranger-b.

9 years 11 months ago #153632

I figured out, that if I set Customer address to "Billing address" or to "Shipping address", I get previously mentioned error. If I set it to No address it continues to go to bitpay, but total value of the invoice is then without shipping cost.
Any idea?

EDIT: correction, invoice value is in fact with shipping costs.

But I would still like to know, what's the function of Customer address under bitcoin plugin and why is it not working. Is it something essential?

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by ranger-b.

9 years 11 months ago #153661

Hi,

Looking at the code of the plugin, I don't see how the shipping costs would not be there as the plugin only sends the full amount calculated by HikaShop. There is no way that BitPay would know about the shipping cost in order to be able to remove it based on the "Customer address" option since it doesn't know about it.
So the amount should be ok.
Regarding the error on the fields when the option is activated, it seems to come from the text that you have in your address. What address are you using for your tests ? Are you using a valid phone number ?

9 years 10 months ago #154021

Yes, I corrected myself about shipping in previous post.
Firstly, I disabled phone number to be mandatory in user addresses, so I didn't use any. Today I entered a number just to see, if it will make any difference (+38zxyyyyyyy - z, x & y being numbers). Address is usual address without any special characters (I removed all ŠĐŽČĆ that might have been in there) but still got this error:
Error

Sorry your transaction did not go through successfully, please try again.
Error:One or more fields is invalid

Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by ranger-b.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds