• Thank you received: 2
8 years 9 months ago #203629

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 43

Hello,

In Hikamarket, the vendors can add product characteristics to their own products. What i need is to force them to add those characteristics (for example, they must select the characteristics: Image resolution, license, file type) and also, to display the characteristics area from the beginning, without having to press the + button.

How can i do this?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4003
8 years 9 months ago #203651

Hi,

At this moment you can use a product template.
So when the vendor will create a new product, the product template will be use and the vendor will have a pre-fill product.
A product template can have pre-set characteristics, like it can have pre-set prices.

Regarding your global request (with your other HikaMarket question about the images and the prices) ; a custom plugin could be useful if you want to perform some restrictions.
Using the trigger "onBeforeProductCreate", you can be sure that the product is compatible with your restrictions and requirements ; you can abort the product creation (and display a message) ; The vendor will see the product page with the data he submitted but with the error message explaining him why he can't create that specific product.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 9 months ago #203692

Thank you, Jerome,

I tried now to add characteristics to the product template but nothing happen when i save the product or click on the button "manage variants", the characteristics are not saved and no variants are available. Work fine when i add a new product, but the same action doesn't work for the product template.

8 years 9 months ago #203735

Hi,

I know that I tested a product template with characteristics but I never test a product template with variants and the current HikaMarket algorithm won't manage it ; like the HikaShop product edition interface.
But even if the product edition could manage it ; when you want to create a product, the product is not really created ; you have to save it to store the data in the database.

If the product template have variants, it means that when you want to create a new product, the variants has to be created in the database before their parent ; which is not possible because the parent is not yet created, it does not have any ID, any code (SKU).

So with the product template you can propose a product with pre-set characteristics and the vendor will have to create the variants once the new product is saved.
Otherwise, the creation process should create directly the main product and the variants in the database ; but it will require a product code (which should be unique in the database and not empty)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 8 months ago #207658

Hello Jerome,

The latest version of Hikamarket (1.6.4) came with some interesting features for the product template. For example, now i can save some characteristics that can be displayed in the vendor area. Please let me know if this option is functional (regarding our discussion from above) or what's the reason that this feature is available for the product template.

Thank you

8 years 8 months ago #207668

Hi,

now i can save some characteristics that can be displayed in the vendor area

I'm sorry but I don't see what you are talking about exactly.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 8 months ago #207717

See the following images from Hikamarket/Configuration/Product templates

and the vendor area:

Attachments:

8 years 8 months ago #207731

Hi,

Like I wrote in my previous message

So with the product template you can propose a product with pre-set characteristics and the vendor will have to create the variants once the new product is saved.

So I still don't understand your question.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 8 months ago #207845

Can i use those options with the latest version of HikaMarket? Because i tried and after i saved the product, the characteristics disappear.

Try this: create a product template with several characteristics and allocate it as "Default product template" in the Hikamarket configuration.

Go to vendor area and add a new product: the characteristics will be displayed, including the tab "Variants" (although there is no option to use variants). Fill the form and press Apply or Save. The Characteristics area will be gone and so the tab "Variants".

I know you said that i cannot use characteristics and variants if the product is not saved before, but something has been changed from 1.6.2 to 1.6.4 so i asked if now i can prefill characteristics for every new product.

8 years 8 months ago #207862

Hi,

Okay ! Now I see.

There is still a display issue in HikaMarket 1.6.4 but it will be fix in HikaMarket 1.6.5
For the moment I'm still working on two tasks for the next release but the management of the characteristics with product template (and "waiting approval") is already done.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 8 months ago #207881

Yes, there is a problem displaying the values for the saved variants, in my case i can see the header of my website, see the attached image :)

Attachments:

8 years 8 months ago #207883

Hi,

I don't understand what you're talking about or the link with the current discussion.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 8 months ago #207911

The attached image is displaying the way that variants are visible in the product page in frontend for a vendor, after the variants were saved.

To reproduce the issue: login as vendor and add a new product with few characteristics. Apply/Save the product then go to Variants. Add a variant, save it, then try to edit it. In my case, in this step i see the header of the website instead of the values for the Variants.

8 years 8 months ago #207913

Hi,

I still don't see the link with the current conversation and I can't reproduce your issue (I created dozen of variants today during my tests).

If you have an issue with HIkaMarket, please open a new thread but before that, please be sure that the issue is not already fix. You can use the demo website in order to perform tests with the latest version of our components.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds