500px.com replica - can be done with hikamarket?

• Thank you received: 2
8 years 9 months ago #207269

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 43

Hello,

I tried in the last two days to find a way to achieve a similar selling process like on 500px.com. If you are not familiar with this website, it allow photographers to sell their photos.

I need to know if it's possible to do this using hikamarket/hikashop and, if it's possible, a general idea about how can i do this, i'm stuck in this point. I'm looking for the option to define a range of prices and to allow the vendor to upload 3 images corresponding to those predefined values (see attached image).

Thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 9 months ago #207277

Hi,

I think the best will be to use variants.
So you can have one variant for each size and each variant could have his own price.

Now things could be different if you want to have something generic ; where all products will have the exact same variants.
Using product template could be a solution but it won't create the variants.
It will set the different elements for the product but it does not create a product before the saving ; that's why the product template can't create variants when you click on the button "new" (there is nothing in the database).

After that, I'll need more details what you want to achieve exactly if you want more information.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 9 months ago #207288

Thank you, Jerome,

The actual version of my website use the variants, but i try to simplify the submission process, that's why i'm looking for a way to have only 3 variants, each variant with it's own price and file.

I already tried the product template but as you said, it doesn't allow me to save some predefined values for variants.

That's all i need , a way to allow users to submit only 3 files (actually, the best way might be to allow him to upload just one large image and then automatically set the size for each option), each option having a predefined price + 1 featured image. I think the rest of the form fields (camera type, lens etc) can be done using the custom fields options from hikashop.

Thank you

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by mett.

8 years 9 months ago #207300

Hi,

So the best at this moment will use a custom plugin for your custom processing.
Using the trigger "onAfterProductCreate", a custom plugin can check the image(s) attached to the new product and create the required variants in the database.
Then, it will modify the file(s) in order to attach them to the right corresponding variant.
If your server have enough memory, you can see to handle one big image and resize it into the different wanted size ; but opening an image with PHP is quite memory consuming... Maybe using an external application (like "convert" command line application) could be better (that you can call using "exec", if your server have that right).
And reading the EXIF data to store it into custom fields is also possible.

HikaShop and HikaMarket have enough flexibility and triggers to allow custom processing.
But because it is something not generic, it require a custom development for a custom plugin.

www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...onAfterProductCreate

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 9 months ago #207656

Jerome, can you do it? Can you give me a quote for this job? I'm using a quad core 8GB RAM virtual machine on Microsoft Azure so i guess i can use the exec files.

Here is what i need: allow vendors to upload a single image (the featured image must have the watermark applied) and then (automatically) resize it to some specified sizes that can be bought using 3 different license types: web ready, print ready and product for resale. Customer will receive the download link only for the selected option from the dropdown list and can download only the bought version. Basically, the main idea of 500px.

Thank you

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by mett.

8 years 9 months ago #207671

Hi,

I have the necessary knowledge to develop such kind of feature yes.
But we do not provide quote in the forum (or by private message).
If you want a quote from the HikaShop team, you can use the "contact us" forum.
If you want a quote from myself, you can send an email to my obsidev email.

I can't promise you anything for the moment ; I have pretty big developments in progress for HikaShop (and HikaMarket, for sure) and I'll need to some rest during this summer.
In any case, there are other HikaShop partners who know how HikaMarket (and HikaShop, for sure) is working and who can implement such kind of customization.

HikaShop triggers:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...nBeforeProductCreate (and onAfterProductCreate )

Read EXIF using PHP:
php.net/manual/en/function.exif-read-data.php

Convert / NConvert
linux.die.net/man/1/convert (Linux - using "image magick" package)
www.xnview.com/en/nconvert/ (Windows and more)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds