Vendors list in product page (back-end)

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 7 months ago #210581

-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1

Hi,
Im figuring a strange problem in the product creation, when I try to associate the product to a vendor:
I have 31 vendors (and I'll create more) but in vendor select field in the product creation I found listed only 30 vendors, it seems as if there is a limit to vendors.
But if I digit the name of the vendor I'm looking for it appears.
please can you help me with this?
Thanks
Fabrizio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4003
8 years 7 months ago #210628

Hi,

That's right, the namebox system use limits in order to not load all the database in memory (or generate too huge pages).
For the vendors namebox the limit is 30 and when you have more than 30 vendors, the ajax search is activated.
For the products or categories ; you have a tree which is loaded part by part when you open a category ; but for some elements, like the vendors, the warehouses, the manufacturers, the characteristics ; we have to limit the number of elements in the list.

What is planned for the future is to have a "more..." link at the end of the list when you have more elements to load ; and when you will click on it or when the scroll-bar will reach the end ; the system will automatically load the rest.
But for the moment, you need to perform a search in order to see and select your vendor.
I understand that it's strange when you have 31 vendors and the limit is 30 ; but some users have hundred of vendors and we can't load them all.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 7 months ago #210658

Thanks a lot Jerome for your explanation, I understand perfectly now.
Fabrizio

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds