Vendor amount incorrect calculation

• Thank you received: 7
9 years 10 months ago #159606

Hi I have created a product, assigned to vendor and given that vendor 10% commission. On the first product (£1) in the order the vendor total is correct - 10% of the total (£0.9). The second product is incorrect. The unit price is £1.50 so the vendor total should be £1.35 however it is showing as -£ 8.65 which seems to be incorrect. Everything else is fine, the correct amount via paypal etc but the backend calculation on the vendor amount is showing up wrong on the order please see attached.

Any ideas what would cause that?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #159610

FYI this is how it comes through to the vendor (attached) so is confusing for the vendor also

Kind regards

Alex

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 10 months ago #159612

Hi,

Please indicate your HikaShop and HikaMarket version number.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Jerome.

9 years 10 months ago #159623

You have the latest stable version of HikaShop Business: 2.3.1
You have the latest stable version of HikaMarket Multivendor: 1.4.1

Many thanks.

Alex

9 years 10 months ago #159625

Thanks,

We will need more information about your shipping configuration and HikaShop configuration (about the shipping).
If the shipping part is wrong, we have to check the current values in order to understand why the final total is wrong.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 10 months ago #159633

Ok I have attached a larger screen shot to show the shipping prices included, they seem to me to be ok. Please let me know if you need any screen shots of any section.

Thanks

Attachments:

9 years 10 months ago #159639

Hi Alex,

It was too weird so I checked your website using the credentials you gave me by email last time.
The product "Personalise your own Sign" (id 14) have a flat fee of 10£ with a percentage fee of 10%.

1.5£ - 10% - 10£
= 1.5$ - 0.15£ - 10£
= -8,65£

So the price given by HikaMarket is right looking at the configuration.

Please remove the fee configuration for this product.
You can edit manually the vendor price for the created order if you want, so you will have a right price for this specific product.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dibben

9 years 10 months ago #159643

I see, thank you.

9 years 10 months ago #160404

Hi Jerome,

I am still unsure on some of these calculations are being made.

So I have a product that is £1 and £1 shipping = £2 total. We do not share commission on shipping as the vendor needs that to ship the item. I have no fee in the product only 10% commission for that seller. So everything goes through fine. I set status to confirmed in backend and then go to the vendor. However when i click on the vendor now it says that the vendor is owed £1.10... Which is strange. So when i click on the full vendor account it says that i owe the vendor total of -£0.10? If i click through to invoice, it will say the vendor total is £1.10 but surely if the commission on that vendor is just 10% and there are no other settings the invoice to the vendor would be £0.10 not £1.10? I would then transfer them the £0.90 manually and keep the £0.10 as payment of the invoice?

Kind regards

Alex

Thanks

Alex

9 years 10 months ago #160419

Hi,

When a price is negative it means that the vendor has been paid directly (a payment method with "commission" mode) or that the order is in a refund status.

I made some modifications in HikaMarket to improve the display when using fee and commission modes in the same time.
The problem is when we started HikaMarket there was only the fee mode and the commission mode come after and not with the better circumstances.
Because the mode wasn't planned at the begging, some part of the display does not right manage it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 10 months ago #160452

So is this something that has been fixed in a more recent version of hikamarket? Sorry i am not clear did you patch it today or do i need to change a setting somewhere? I understand there is a display issue but i am still not sure how to fix it. I checked the shipping but see no reference to the fee/commission mode, the order is not in refund status so it cannot be that which is causing it it is currently set to 'confirmed'

Kind regards

9 years 10 months ago #160477

Hi Alex,

You are using the "commission" mode in HikaMarket but your payment plugin is "paypal".
Paypal does not authorize the vendor to be paid directly, you (your store) will receive the money, the "commission" mode can't do anything good ; on the contrary, it will provide wrong results.

Because you are in commission mode, HikaMarket think that the vendor is paid directly so when you want to "pay" the vendor, it is the inverse. HikaMarket think that you will create an order to be paid.
If you change the HikaMarket mode in your tests, it will result very strange and no working orders ; where the vendor should receive the money and you want to be pay.. It is just not possible to do any debug or else with that.

So, please make a full stable HikaMarket configuration and then make your tests.
If you mix the tests, it is logical that you will have bad results.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 10 months ago #160983

Hi Jerome,

I am afraid i dont understand... It should not be this complicated. I say that i make a sale and that i want the commission to be 10% to me. (the store owner). I then owe the vendor 90p per £1 I sell. I don't see how i can 'mix' anything badly. Things should be restricted if i am doing things wrong then the system should explain my wrong setting when i select it?

I dont know what you mean by 'please make a full stable HikaMarket configuration and then make your tests'??

I thought I have a stable setup of hikamarket? All i want is to simply take commission on sales the system should not allow me to do wrong settings... Is it that you are saying i cannot do commission? Because that was the whole idea of hikamarket.... Or are you saying i cannot use Paypal, the most popular payment processor?

I only want to create an invoice for 10% of the vendor orders.. It should be doable in hikamarket... It sounds like when i ask you something that my request is unreasonable or unusual, but my client asks me exactly the same question and so does the designer so i think it could be explained somewhere in documentation how to raise invoice for vendor orders because it doesnt look like it works?

Regards

Alex

9 years 10 months ago #160990

Hi Alex,

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/259-hikamarket-fees.html

We called "fee mode" when your store will be paid directly and you will have to pay them back.
We called "commission mode" when your vendors are paid directly and they have to pay you back (your commission).

You were using the "commission mode" but the payment plugins were configure to pay the store and not the vendors.
Few months ago, when I checked your configuration, the "fee mode" (which is the default mode in HikaMarket) were selected so I didn't understand why this option changed since that day.

Maybe the words for this option are not the right one and create some confusion.
If you or someone have a suggestion to improve it and avoid the general confusion, I will be happy to update the language files.

If you are using the "commission mode", you are saying to HikaMarket that the vendor will receive the payments directly.
HikaMarket can't know that the payment method are not sending the money to your store and not the vendor (unless you specify it in the payment plugin configuration). So it can't warn you if it does not have the possibility to know.

You can use paypal, you can use all HikaShop payment plugins, but you have to use the right HikaMarket mode to let him process the price calculation correctly.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 10 months ago #160994

This makes more sense, in my experience fee is more 'fixed amount' and commission would be '%' so this is where the confusion come from. We thought that it had to be commission for the % to work... and fee for the fixed amount to work. I thought there was a relationship between % and fixed fee and thats what we were selcting between the commission and fixed fee.

Thank you for your clarification.

Kind regards

9 years 10 months ago #160997

Hi,

What do you think about these translations:

MARKETMODE_FEE="Store paid directly"
MARKETMODE_COMMISSION="Vendor paid directly"

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 10 months ago #161002

I think that would be easier to understand. Are there any automated payment methods that allow for the vendor to be paid directly?

Kind regards

9 years 10 months ago #161003

Hi,

Payment methods which allow directly the vendor to be paid:
- Collect on delivery
- Paypal adaptive (latest version contains several modes to support "paypal classic" with dynamic vendor paypal email)

Payment methods compatible with the "vendor paid" :
- All other HikaShop payment plugins

For "Paypal adaptive (mode classical)" and "All other HikaShop payment plugins" :
The option "Limit vendors in cart" has to be set to "One vendor" (to force the "vendor paid").
The option "Show only vendor payments" has to be set to "Yes" (to show the vendor payments).
Some payment plugins should be configured with the vendor details and with the option "Vendor" set (to have some vendor payments).

I generally recommend to keep the "market mode" to "fee (store paid)" and change the market mode for the payment plugin themselves.
But you can work with the "vendor paid market mode" and configure some payment plugin where your store will be paid (and so change the "market mode" for these payment methods).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 10 months ago #161623

Hi Jerome,

So i am right in thinking that we can do a product where for example £10 (10% commission) = £1 paid to store owner and £9 to the vendor all in one transaction so long as there is only one vendor in that order and that the vendor has a paypal email setup in their account and using paypal adaptive?

Thanks

Alex

9 years 10 months ago #161632

Hi,

I don't understand what you mean.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Jerome. Reason: Using a better formulation

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds