One Vendor add to cart issue

• Thank you received: 6
8 years 3 months ago #228535

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.7

Hi,

I've set Limit vendors in cart to One vendor
When adding products from different vendors, no error is shown, although they are not actually added to cart.

There is the test case:
1. Add product from vendor 1 - Success msg
2. Add product from vendor 2 - Success msg
3. Only product from Vendor 1 is in the cart and no error msg
Files 4 and 5 - configuration

If needed I may provide access to bachend.

Regards

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by filiar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 3 months ago #228538

Hi,

In fact, one error should be shown but depending your HikaShop configuration, it is possible to have some cases when it does not work properly.

Because you are using the "add to cart popup", that popup is always display to the customer ; even if the product is not added to the cart.
That is an issue in the HikaShop cart system that I have fixed with the refactoring in HikaShop 3.
HikaMarket uses an HikaShop trigger to authorize or refuse the addition of the product in the cart ( onAfterProductQuantityCheck ) ; that trigger is in the cart class for the function which verify the limits (min/max per order, product limits, etc).
Thanks to that trigger, HikaMarket can change the product quantity but, HikaShop will still consider that the product has been added to the cart for the "popup" part. Some Joomla message will be added saying that the "limitation has been reached".

You will have the exact same displaying issue if you set a limitation on the product and you reach it.

That's why for the refactoring in HikaShop 3 ; I rewrote the entire structure of the cart system in order to allow new features and change how the "add to cart popup" is made.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 3 months ago #228561

If I understand correctly this issue won't be present in HS3. And this should be Ok for us, as far as we are still on developement.

Any Idea about when should we expect HS3?

Kind Regards Again!

8 years 3 months ago #228564

And if I may propose a solution that you maybe allready have in mind.

You may think of adding products from different vendors to cart and grouping them for each vendor just as it is done in Aliexpress for example.

This will be of a great ease for the customer because he will be able to first select all that he wants and then finalize orders for each of the vendors.

Regards.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 3 months ago #228567

Hi,

Yes ; that's one of the many goals in HikaShop 3.
With the new cart and checkout structures ; we want to propose more feature and to allow components to do more stuff ; like changing the targeted cart when a product is added to the cart. Or to propose a dynamic checkout where the cart could be another than the current one.
These won't arrive at the beginning but the new structure will allow us to do so at terms in our components (HikaMarket, HikaAuction, etc).

Now the project is still on development ; some parts are nearly finished and currently under testing ; some parts will require a little more time.
It is a huge development that we started and even if the major part is done, there is still to do and to test.
And due to some retro-compatibility breaks ; we will release a beta version, like we did for HikaShop 2.0
But, I'm not able to provide any schedule ; I'm not in charge of the project anymore to be able to re-focus on my components.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds