Pre purchase questions about Hika Market

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 9 months ago #112070

Hello-

I have some questions about Hika Market before purchasing.

1. Can I set it so each Vendor can only edit their own product?
  2. Can I set it so each Vendor can only pick certain categories?
  3. Can I set shipping methods specific to each Vendor? For example, if Vendor A offers Pickup and Vendor B offers Delivery, if a customer buys something from Vendor A and Vendor B in one order, they can choose Pickup from Vendor A and Delivery from Vendor B?
  4. Can I set a simple URL to a Vendor page that lists all the Vendor products? Example: www.webstore.com/VendorName

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 9 months ago #112124

Hi,

1. Vendors can only edit their own products. Only the main vendor (you) can edit all products (like you can do in the backend).

2. HikaMarket have an option in order to change the "vendor root category". For the moment you can't specify several categories but it is a feature in our TODO list.

3. In HikaShop 2.2.0 we introduce the multi-shipping feature. HikaMarket adds a new restriction option called "vendor". By setting a vendor restriction (for the moment you have to specify the "vendor id") the shipping method will only be available for the selected vendor.

4. In order to display the vendor products, you have to use a "product listing" module with the option "synchronize".
In the vendor page this module will be synchronize with the current vendor. At this moment, by creating a menu which point to the vendor page, you will have your vendor product listing with a simple URL.
We are working and thinking about improving the vendor listing and this vendor product listing. Do not hesitate to give us your feedback so we can "use" it during the implementation and the product could support your requirements.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 9 months ago #112340

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Just installed the new hika shop, how do I configure multi shipping feature? So to ask again, if a customer buys two different products, one that is only available for pickup and one is available for delivery, will they be able to choose BOTH of these options during checkout?

• Thank you received: 13069
10 years 9 months ago #112415

Hi,

Yes they will be able to choose both.

As jerome explained, HikaMarket adds a new restriction option called "vendor". By setting a vendor restriction (for the moment you have to specify the "vendor id") the shipping method will only be available for the selected vendor.
So simply create your vendors, add each product to each vendors and select each vendor for each shipping method and that's it.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds