MultiVendor - Product tags?

• Thank you received: 14
10 years 8 months ago #119817

G'day.

First off, great product definitely the pick of the bunch for me. Just setting up my store on a local machine before going live and have a quick question...

Here is an outline of my 'issue'

I have very generic top level categories and do not want to give vendors permission to create sub categories of their own. To make it easier for users to browse for products I would like to provide a tag cloud as an additional way for users to browse products. I can then display this in a manner of different ways.

My question is therefore - Is it possible for vendors to be able to add tags for the products they create?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

/DM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 8 months ago #119861

Hi,

For HikaShop, we want to make an integration with the Joomla 3 tag system. The problem is that the tag system is not completely API "stable" (it is working great but the API is still changing, so there are differences between Joomla versions).
So we can't implement yet the Joomla 3 tag system.

So, the idea fpr the moment is to use a product custom field.
In HikaMarket 1.3.0 (that we are currently finishing) you will have to possibility to create custom fields and to assign them special display rules.
So a custom field can be display in the front-end (to the customer) but not editable by a vendor. In the other hand, a custom field can be editable by the vendor and not display in the front-end product page.
The last sample allow you to have a value that can be use by a "tag cloud system" (as a hidden data).
The custom field could contains the list of your tags and the "tag cloud system" could read the product values in the database, in order to make his display.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 8 months ago #119916

Hi Jerome. Thanks for the reply.

Any idea on how long would it realistically take before the native Joomla tagging method would find its way into Multivendor? I can understand the hesitation to implement something that may break with Joomla updates but I would much prefer to implement a native solution than a temporary one that I will then have to change down the track when the native version is introduced.

/DM

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 8 months ago #119946

Hi,

Before the integration with HikaMarket, the tag system should be integrated in HikaShop.
The team wanted to integrate it during the summer but the API will change with Joomla 3.2 so the project has been delayed.
If you want more information about it, I recommend you to post in the "HikaShop feature request" section.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 8 months ago #119957

Thanks Jerome, Will do.

8 years 10 months ago #206189

Hi Guys, I can now see that tags have been integrated into hikamarket but cannot see were to enable them.

I can edit / add tags via the hikashop backend but cannot see entered tags on the product pages. Additionally I cannot enter tags via the vendor panel in the front end, I'm guessing that there is a setting for this?

DM

• Thank you received: 747
8 years 10 months ago #206193

DeeEmm wrote: ... I cannot enter tags via the vendor panel in the front end, I'm guessing that there is a setting for this?

Hi DeeEmm, how are you, hope things are going well?

To enable the tags field in the vendor's frontend product edition form, you'll need to check the "tags" box in the ACL configuration - under "product -> edit".

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome, DeeEmm

8 years 9 months ago #206489

Thanks Lousyfool, much appreciated.

Still cannot figure out how to get the tags to display in the front end on the product page tho. I deleted a customization that I had to one of my views thinking that as the customizations were done prior to tags being available in the code it might be overwriting the newer code but now this view has totally disappeared from the list altogether.

Bit stuck on this.

DM

8 years 9 months ago #206490

Checked in the default view in the /views/product/tmpl/show_tabular.php file. I can see where the tags should be displayed. However I cannot view the show_tabular view for the current template, since removing the customizations to this file the view has disappeared. How do I reinstate a view for a particular template?

8 years 9 months ago #206491

OK.

Tags now showing but still cannot get the show_tabular view back for the current template.

:unsure:

DM

8 years 9 months ago #206492

OK. Never mind. Must be a cache issue. View magically reappeared. Go figure.

All good now :)

DM

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds