Unable to Save Changes to Variants from Front-End

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 2 months ago #191068

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 35.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 10 duplicate found!
2 duplicates: #5 #48
2 duplicates: #7 #11
2 duplicates: #17 #29
2 duplicates: #18 #30
2 duplicates: #45 #47

Good Morning,

Firstly, I must say, thank you for creating such an effective set of components for the Joomla! platform. The Hikashop and Hikamarket tools are amazing.

That being said, I am unfortunately running into a problem where I am unable to successfully save images that I add to product variants using Hikamarket front-end.

I navigate to a product page and hit the Hikamarket edit button on that product page. I click on the 'Variants' tab and select one of the several variants offered on the page by clicking on the edit icon next to that variant.

When I scroll down on the page and attempt to add images, the image thumbnails appear, but when I click the green rectangular save icon above the variant edit section on this page, the image and whatever text was in the description WYSIWYG editor disappears.

I've tried turning on and off several configurations and that I thought might be conflicting this functionality, but nothing seems to work.

The image upload and edit functionality works perfectly on the 'Product' tab. It is only when attempting to edit any variants using Hikamarket front-end that we run into a problem.

It should also be mentioned that while the images and description do not save, we have several custom text fields and when you enter text in those fields and click that same green, rectangular save button on the variant, that data is saved.

Any assistance you can offer is gravely appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #191074

Also, just noticed this.

If you click on the green, rectangular save button in the Variant toolbar without adding any content to the images or description, then add images and/or content to the description WYSIWYG editor, and click on the apply button at the top of the page. No message is prompted, but when you click the 'Back' button, all changes have been saved.

Very odd...I might be able to work with this, but I'm sure it will not be intuitive for my other users.

Again, any insight that can be offered is much appreciated! Thanks!!

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 2 months ago #191083

Hi,

Are you sure that your template is compatible with the Joomla messaging system ?
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...issues.html#messages

Yes, the "Apply" and "Save" buttons in the toolbar are there to save the global (main) product.
If a variant is edited in the same time, the variant is saved too.

To only save a variant and not save the main (his parent) product, you have to use the "little" save button which appear below the variant listing table.

If you have improvement ideas for the product editing interface, we are aware of suggestions.
We want HikaMarket to be most intuitive as possible, so that kind of feedback is interesting.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GuardianFall

9 years 2 months ago #191084

Good Afternoon Jerome.

Thank you for the reply. I believe the template is compatible with the Joomla messaging system. When I utilize the 'Apply' and 'Save' buttons in the top tool bar (hikam_toolbar), a Joomla Message appears above the front-edition content saying that the product page has been successfully saved.

However, if I try to use the 'little' save button, it will clear out any images associated with that particular variant that I have selected or dropped into the images block.

Interesting enough, if I go through each of my variants and include/drop images into the appropriate image block and then hit the apply button at the top, all of the images are saved to their respective variant with the exception of the last variant on the list.

Again, any input you can offer is very much appreciated. At this point I've worked my way through the Solving problems page on the Hikashop site and am afraid I am running out of ideas.

9 years 2 months ago #191128

Hi,

I have to admit that I did not fully visualize the process you're doing and so, what is wrong.
Would it be possible to have some screenshots of the process ?
Or maybe an access to your website and some kind of "step to step" to reproduce what you are doing and see what is exactly your issue.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 2 months ago #191194

Good Morning Jerome,

No worries. I've attached a PDF of the steps that are taken to make edits to the variants on the front-end of the site. (Step 1 is on page 1, Step 2 is on page 2, etc.). Please let me know if you would like me to provide you with access so that you may further assess the site.

Here is the walk-thru to accompany the images in the PDF:

In Step 1, we go to a product page and click the edit icon.

In Step 2, we are now in the front-end editor of Hikamarket and we click on the Variants tab.

In Step 3, we are now on the Variants tab for this particular product. We click the wrench icon for the variant in the first row and scroll down on the page.

In Step 4, we can see that we can make edits to certain fields of the variant including the description, images, and one custom text field for weight.

In Step 5, I drag and drop an image from my desktop into the images area of the variant.

In Step 6, I click the green save button and the form flashes and the image disappears. Additionally, if any changes are made to the description, those changes are not saved either. However, any changes made to the custom text field do save.

Again, any insight you can provide is very much appreciated and very much needed!

Thank you!,

Mike

File Attachment:

File Name: HikaMarket...ssue.pdf
File Size:2,769 KB

Attachments:

9 years 2 months ago #191198

It should also be mentioned that the functionality seems to act differently in Chrome versus Firefox. When you click the green variant save button in Firefox, it doesn't allow for the primary apply or save button's at the top of the product edit page to function properly. You have to click the back button. Where as, in Chrome, the primary buttons at the top of the product edit page work regardless of you clicking on the green variant save button.

9 years 2 months ago #191316

Hi,

Thanks for the report ; I am working on some patchs.
There is an issue with the form name of image fields after upload, it affect several files in HikaMarket.
I think I will make a new HikaMarket 1.6.0 package when finished.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 2 months ago #191351

Hi,

I just update the HikaMarket 1.6.0 ; please re-download it.
It fixes some issues with the images, with the price conversation and also with special editor (for the description).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 2 months ago #191368

Good Morning Jerome,

This is fantastic! Thank you very much for this update. I am now able to drag-and-drop images as well as upload images directly from my computer to be saved to each respective variant. Again, thank you so much for this!

I did notice two other issues with (1) the ability to add from the website's Hikashop image library via the plus icon in the drag-and-drop image section and (2) the ability to double click and add alt and title text to an image.

For the first issue, images added to a variant in this fashion still disappear when the Variant Save button is clicked. However, these images do save successfully to the variant as long as the save button at the top of the product edit page is being used instead of the Variant save button. Is it at all possible to get the variant save button to work similarly with images uploaded to a variant from the website's image library?

For the second issue, there used to be the ability to double click on an image within the variant image section that resulted in a pop-up and the ability to add Alt and Title text to the image. Is there anyway to get this functionality back?

If you could please let me know when you are next able, it would be very much appreciated. And, again, thank you for your time and effort on this!

Thanks,

Mike

9 years 2 months ago #191369

Hey Jerome,

Actually, upon further testing, neither save button (top of page or variant) seems to work in saving an image that is added from the product image library to the variant via the small plus icon.

Again, your assistance with this is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

9 years 2 months ago #191373

Hi,

I fixed the issue with the image gallery and the popup when clicking on a variant image. The package is up to date.

But I just found an issue with TinyMCE (on Joomla 3) which is linked with my previous fix.
So if you save locally a variant, you can't save the global product then ; TinyMCE will generate a Javascript blocking error.
For this one ; I still don't know what to do exactly...

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 2 months ago #191385

Jerome,

You are a rock star. Thank you very much for the quick response and all of the help.

As the users on my website will not be utilizing the TinyMCE whatsoever under the variants on the front-end editor, if I disabled the editor altogether or used the 'plg_editors_none' as opposed to the 'plg_editors_mce', would the javascript blocking error you describe below still present an issue for us on the site?

Please let me know when you are able!

Many Thanks,

Mike

9 years 2 months ago #191410

Hi,

If your using the editor "none", you wouldn't have any trouble.
The issue is for what I saw, really related to tinymce ; when HikaMarket load dynamically the variant fields, the WYSIWYG editor did not update the textarea with the right content.
So my first patch was to simulate a form submission in order to let TinyMCE do the copy of the content in the textarea.
But I then realized that, if I simulate the submission one time, the second time the submission is called, the TinyMCE for the main product generate an error.

Now I have to find a good solution to retrieve the content of the editor into the textarea without having to do something specific.
Because if I got a content synchronization issue with TinyMCE, I might got another one with another editor.
One solution could be in the "Toggle Editor" button, because the button for the synchronization and display the text area (or the inverse).
I'm still working on it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 2 months ago #191414

Good Afternoon Jerome,

Ahh, interesting. I'm glad we will be able to operate within the 'none' editor and I wish you the best of luck in working on finding a solution!

Thank you very much for all of the assistance the last couple of days. I'm very, very grateful and, again, am very, very happy and impressed with the Hikashop and Hikamarket Joomla components. You have created an amazing tool!

Last question/feature suggestion for you, in presenting the functionality to a member of my team today, he was curious if there is anyway to create an active highlight feature on the variant that is being edited. So, when you clicked on the edit icon next to the variant, that variant in the table was highlighted in a different color. I'm sure that this can definitely be accomplished and thought I might forward the suggestion onto you to include a future update (if you warrant it a good idea that is :) ).

Again, thank you very much for all the help!

Sincerely,

Mike

9 years 2 months ago #191442

Hi,

It is a good idea yes.
I've add it in the TODO list.

Thanks !

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds