Fee per item listing.

• Thank you received: 6
9 years 1 day ago #200091

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1

I wanted to know if there was a way to charge vendor a fee for just listing an item, like Etsy does. And then charge a percentage once an item is sold? .. how can I set that up?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 1 day ago #200109

Hi,

The feature is not available yet in HikaMarket but is in our TODO list (it already has been asked in the forum).
But, even if the feature is not fully there (as a built-in option), it is possible to implement it.

The idea is to use the "product approval" so when a vendor will create a product, the product won't be visible.
The "product approval" feature require that an administrator approve the product (changing the "product_type" into "main" instead of the waiting approval one).

Thanks to a custom item field and a custom plugin ; you can have a product that your vendor could buy, the product will have an item custom field with the id of the product they want to approve.
In the plugin, you can add the button in the product edition toolbar ; when the vendor is editing a non-approved product, the button will point to a "add-to-cart" link which will fill the custom item field using the right product id value.
Then, when the vendor will pay and confirm his order, the plugin will see that there is a special approval product and will change the product type of the targeting product.

Instead of the "product approval", you can also use the "publish" state and do not allow the vendor to publish or unpublish their products.
So when the vendor want to publish a product, it will require a payment (with the same kind of process that I explained just before).

I hope that my explanations are clear enough.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomhika

• Thank you received: 6
9 years 22 hours ago #200125

Thanks got it, I am afraid of messing something up, I think I'll just wait till you guys make the feature available on your software.

Thanks

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds