Create Vendor Category in speficified location

• Thank you received: 7
8 years 10 months ago #203442

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to create the vendor category in the category selected while creating the vendor? At the moment it places the vendor category in the root of the site however when i create the vendor i have the option to set the vendor root category. I would have thought it would create the category then in the root that i selected when creating the vendor? The reason i need to do this is is because i want some vendors to be visible from the front end but not all so those which register themselves will be able to sell but not be mixed with the 'school vendors' Please see images attached.

Please let me know if you need me to explain further.

Kind regards

Alex

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 10 months ago #203491

Hi,

It is possible using a custom plugin.
Because we didn't see a generic schema we can't propose that feature for the moment (but I hope that we will find a good way to allow it for almost all users).

So for the moment the best is to create a custom plugin and change dynamically the vendor root category depending another value.
The idea is to use the trigger "onAfterVendorCreate" and modify the vendor object to set the vendor root category.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...#onAfterVendorCreate

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds