Vendor accessing products of whole store

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 10 months ago #205005

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.3

Dear Sir
just purchased hikamarket multi vendor, as per documentation, setting the value Change vendor root category to NO should make any vendor access the products of the store while this is not happening
I have lots of products in the store (no assigned to any vendor), and I need all vendors to access those products from the front end, they can navigate the category tree but no products inside them

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 10 months ago #205008

Hi,

The "root category" set to "no" will allow the vendor to create products in any category of the website ; they won't be restricted to their own category.
But a vendor can just edit his own products and can't modify product of someone else ; otherwise it would be a security issue.

Users of the main vendor (also known as "your vendor") can edit all products of the store, like you can do in the HikaShop backend.

Regards

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 10 months ago #205111

Dear sir
thanks for your feedback
here what am trying to achieve
I want new vendor (from front end) have the option of navigating all store products (except those which in vendor home categories), ie, all products created from store owner not from vendors, then select one product, and put his price on it, then this product will be saved on his home category as new product
he will not be able to create any product in the root category of the store, its just duplicating existing product and update his price on it
please advice on how to achieve that

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 10 months ago #205172

Hi,

In HikaMarket, the vendors can't copy products in the front-end.
There is a plugin which allow to duplicate products when a vendor account is created ; it is a plugin used for providing some kind of "starter product package" when new vendors.

Otherwise, there is the "vendor" characteristic which allow vendors to create their own variant for the product. When displaying the product page, they will see a "+" button or an edit button depending if they have already a variant or not for that product.
But these products are not displayed in the vendor product listing ; mostly because we can't be sure that they could see them in their categories.
I have already a task in the TODO list in order to display these special products in a dedicated page (accessible thanks to a toolbar button when seeing the vendor product listing).

For the product duplication ; it is something which has been already asked but I do not have full specifications yet.
We can't authorize vendor to duplicate any product and I was more thinking about an improvement of the "product template" system where the vendor could choose a product template when creating a new product (if they are several available product templates).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds