Install to other (non-root) directory

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 6 months ago #218348

-- HikaShop version -- : 6.2.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.6
-- Joomla version -- : 3

I bought HikaShop Essential and HikaMarket Multi-Vendor. I have a site running a social media platform that I want to install these to. I do not want HikaShop to be the landing page of the site though. I want it to be located under something like www.mysite.com/market . I want to make sure I know how to do the install correctly so I don't mess up what I currently have or the installation of HikaShop.

Any direction would be appreciated. I did look through the forum under Install and the FAQs but did see anything from my search. Not real sure what to search on...

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 6 months ago #218353

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean or your website structure.
But in Joomla you can create menus and you can use one Joomla menu for the store part of your website.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 6 months ago #218367

Thanks. I don't mean to over complicate it. I have a site that exists already. We'll just say www.mysite.com . I want to install HikaShop to that site (domain). But in order for someone to get to the HikaShop part of the site they should go to www.mysite.com/market .

So should I create a directory in Joomla called Market and install HikaShop to it?

I just don't want the HikaShop installation to mess up what already exists on the site (what you currently see when you go to www.mysite.com ).

• Thank you received: 747
8 years 6 months ago #218373

You install HikaShop and HikaMarket in Joomla just like any other Joomla extension - nothing to worry about file structure on the server or so.

Then, in Joomla, you can create menu items to the shop and/or market, e.g. in your main menu an item with name "Market" and alias "market". The link will then be exactly what you want.

All standard Joomla stuff. ;)

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

8 years 6 months ago #218377

Ok, thanks, just wanted to be sure nothing would happen to what is already there.

Thanks a lot.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds