Multi-branche websop

• Thank you received: 6
5 years 7 months ago #297977

-- url of the page with the problem -- : https://www,formidog.nl

Hello HikaPeople

We are trying to find a solution for a multi-shop installation

Our situation:

We have a hikashop with frozen products.

The main webshop (formidog.nl) has 1200 products

There will be 100 child-webshops (all top-level domains), from our branche stores (magasins de la succursale) all over the country.
These child-webshops show the same products as the main webshop, from the same database.
But each one has its own physical address (f.e. formidogamsterdam.nl, formidogrotterdam.nl, formidogdenhaag.nl). These are no subdomains!

Ordered Products will be distributed to the location from where they originated. They can be pysically picked up by the customers.

On the main site we must be able to see which order belongs to which branche division.
Email communication from the branch division must go to the branch division's mail address AND - as a BCC - to the main company address.

From the user guide of Hika-market MultiVendor we understand that Hikamarket Multi Vendor works the other way around.
HS MV hows the products of multiple vendors in ONE webshop.
These vendors can add their products to the database and the will be shown in one central shop.

We are looking for a solution to sell the same (our) products in multiple webshops (where each webshop has a different owner and address).

We are curious if we have colleagues who have succeeded to build a multi-branch-shopo with Hika

Greetz

Dick

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Jerome. Reason: Removing parts not related to HikaMarket (and which are already been sent by the contact form)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 7 months ago #297980

Hello,

The Goal of HikaMarket is to create a marketplace ; so to have multiple shops in one single website.
One rule in HikaMarket is that, one product is assigned with one vendor.

You can't have one product affected to several vendors because if you add that single product into the cart you can't know of which vendor he is buying.
So, if might want to use characteristics/variants in order to have "sub products" and each one can be assigned to one vendor.
Thus the customer could choose from which vendor he want to buy by selecting the according variant.

Afterwards HikaMarket comes with some plugins made for "sales repository".
When a product do not have a vendor assignation, it is possible for a plugin to dynamically assign vendors when the order is created. That assignation can be made thanks to an item custom field or an order custom field.
One side effect of that is, all products without a vendor assignation can be use by that plugin. It would mean that all vendors can sell these products. Another side effect is that the product stock is unique.
In the usage of "sales repository" it's not a problem ; but in your marketplace, I imagine that some vendors won't sell all of the 1200 products.

But it is possible to create a new plugin (based on the existing one) to have a dynamic vendor assignation for your specific rules.
It is possible to imagine that via some product custom field, you can create specific rules for some products to indicate where it can be sold... etc.
Thus, it would be possible to create your marketplace without the need of creating variants for all the vendors.

Regards,

PS : For your HikaShop multi-sites question, the HikaShop support team will reply to your message posted via the "contact us" form. Since it's not related to HikaMarket or the support I provide for HikaMarket, I removed that part from your message.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 7 months ago #297992

Thanks for your weekend-reply jerome!

I will answer between your lines:

The Goal of HikaMarket is to create a marketplace ; so to have multiple shops in one single website.
One rule in HikaMarket is that, one product is assigned with one vendor.

Yes, I got that one straight after playing around with it.
I misunderstood the description
In its "standard" form Hika market Multi Vendor will not do what we need.
I am not too sad about it as I have learned a lot and most probably have a purpose for it within a few months.

You can't have one product affected to several vendors because if you add that single product into the cart you can't know of which vendor he is buying.
So, if might want to use characteristics/variants in order to have "sub products" and each one can be assigned to one vendor.
Thus the customer could choose from which vendor he want to buy by selecting the according variant.

Afterwards HikaMarket comes with some plugins made for "sales repository".
When a product do not have a vendor assignation, it is possible for a plugin to dynamically assign vendors when the order is created. That assignation can be made thanks to an item custom field or an order custom field.
One side effect of that is, all products without a vendor assignation can be use by that plugin. It would mean that all vendors can sell these products. Another side effect is that the product stock is unique.
In the usage of "sales repository" it's not a problem ; but in your marketplace, I imagine that some vendors won't sell all of the 1200 products.

Well, hmmm.... The fact is: they do! All vendors (or branches) sell from the main stock. The products are delivered to them and the customers pick it up at the vendor's adresses.
Said in a different way: All customers buy from the main stock. In the checkout process they choose at which vendor/address they pick it up.
The vendor gets a commission (or fee) over the products.
He/she is paid for the delivery of the goods.

But it is possible to create a new plugin (based on the existing one) to have a dynamic vendor assignation for your specific rules.
It is possible to imagine that via some product custom field, you can create specific rules for some products to indicate where it can be sold... etc.
Thus, it would be possible to create your marketplace without the need of creating variants for all the vendors.

Everything is possible... or almost?

Regards,

PS : For your HikaShop multi-sites question, the HikaShop support team will reply to your message posted via the "contact us" form. Since it's not related to HikaMarket or the support I provide for HikaMarket, I removed that part from your message.

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Formidog.

5 years 7 months ago #297993

Hello,

In the checkout process they choose at which vendor/address they pick it up.

So you want to use the "sales repository" mode available in HikaMarket.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...tml#tuto_market_conf

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 7 months ago #297999

I am currently digging into it

This could be the anser
:-)

In my other mail to you I have asked you 2 questions

(I am getting a bit happier now)

5 years 7 months ago #298001

Okay...

please take me by the hand here. I read:

"HikaMarket can use the Vendor zone or the Vendor selector using a item/order custom field. "

This would be great.... is possible.
Then, In my ideal situation I could have this config:

Country Zone -> State Zone -> Vendor Zone
Netlerlands -> Zuid-Holland -> La Haye

However: when configuration zones I cannot see an option for Vendor Zone

What did I miss?

Edit
I found an older forum post that answered this.
It seams the zone tree is limited to Country -> State

I applied the runaround you suggested

- De-activate all countries
- Changed State-type to Country-type
- Added vendor locations as a state-type
- changed some things in the language-file

works

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Formidog.

5 years 7 months ago #298036

Hello,

Vendor zone is another special feature in HikaMarket in order to assign dynamically the vendor depending the selected zone of the customer.
The "zone" is an HikaShop zone, so it can be a country or a state. It cannot be smaller ; HikaShop do not have support for that (states is a defined list ; to go smaller you have to use cities or postcodes and they are not defined in the database ; nor a structure to handle them).

To enable the vendor location feature, there is a global setting (Allow zone vendors) :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...onfig_market_general
Afterwards you need to assign a zone to a vendor, by editing it in the backend.
But...

Please note that "vendor zone" and "vendor selector" are two feature based on the same principe.
I gave you explanation about the vendor attribution feature ; you tried the different modes in order to understand them even if that's not something meant for your case.

Regarding your first message :

But each one has its own physical address (f.e. formidogamsterdam.nl, formidogrotterdam.nl, formidogdenhaag.nl). These are no subdomains!

The "vendor dynamic attribution" is something you want to do.
There are currently two available modes (zone and manual selection) but if none are made for your case. You can still use a custom plugin for it.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ctsVendorAttribution

Regards,

PS : Please try to not edit "old" messages, it messes up with the ticket system.

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: Formidog

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds