How to change the price to include VAT

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 8 months ago #323421

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.tweedehandjes.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 3.0.3

Hi,

When they login to their vendor account, my vendors see their products at a product price excluding VAT but I would like them to see the product price including VAT.
I think that this is possible to change in view file "HikaMarket - productmarket / listing.php"

Only I don't know the "class code" of the price including VAT. Could you please tell me?

Thanks,
Joyce

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4005
3 years 8 months ago #323435

Hello,

Basically, you can't (or it won't be what you think).

In the HikaShop backend, you see the price without taxes, it is the same thing in HikaMarket.
Taxes are displayed dynamically depending the user address (or the store default tax zone if the customer do not have an address yet).

So displaying the prices with taxes in HikaMarket will mean that we base the display of the price on the vendor default billing address.
It might be a "good" value but it's not an accurate and precise value.

If you want to use "floating taxes" in HikaShop, you will have better results in the back and in the HikaMarket front-end.
But it requires a big modification in the configuration since it will affect every prices in your store and it's better to start with floating taxes.
For more details, you should open a new thread in the HIkaShop section of the forum.

But overriding HikaMarket to force the display of prices with a tax but when you don't know what will be the selected tax zone ; is not a good idea.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds