Image and description layout

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #10044

Hello!
In the joomla menu options, on Parameters for DIV section, Type of item layout I select image and description. In the frontend I see the image, I see the description, I also see the title (I think that what that is), and their arrangement is all messed up (the description has a white background wich is not good on the grey background of the div, the title should't appear because I made the title intro an image). Any ideas why this is happening? I attached a screenshot for you to see.
Thank you!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
13 years 2 months ago #10051

Please make sure that the white background is not added by your HTML editor. As you can see on your third product, there is no white background. So that means that the problem comes from the description text itself.

The "image and description" layout displays the product name by default. It's not a bug really, it's just that we didn't want the name of the layout to be too big.
If you don't need to name, you can easily remove it by adding the CSS below in the config under the tab display in your front end CSS:

.hikashop_product_name{display:none;}

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #10059

Thank you! You were right about the white background. All my fault. I am so ashamed of myself :blush:
But the other thing, getting the title to disappear, didn't work. I tried adding that line to the css and no change. I also saw that there already was a span.hikashop_product_name{display:block; margin-bottom:5px;} and I tried changing this one as well, even removing it and replacing it with the one you said, but no change again.
And thinking about this, even if I manage to make the title go away, then that would leave me (I suppose) with two columns, one for the image and one for the description. What I am going for is one column, image on top and description on bottom.
But this is just thinking ahead, because I couldn't manage to remove the title yet.
Sorry to bother you, but I really need to fix this.

• Thank you received: 13102
13 years 2 months ago #10062

Then, you can edit the file listing_img_desc of the view product via the menu Display->Views to modify the display of each item. You will be able to remove the code which displays the product name and display the description below the image with small modifications.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds