Order Status Change email not reflecting overrides

• Thank you received: 2
13 years 1 week ago #14544

I have made some language overrides in the component configuration. I made changes to the following language variables:

ORDER_CREATION_SUCCESS_ON_WEBSITE_AT_DATE="We are pleased to confirm the creation of your RFQ No. %s at %s on the %s at %s"
SUMMARY_OF_YOUR_ORDER="SUMMARY OF YOUR REQUEST FOR QUOTE"
ORDER_STATUS_CHANGED_TO="The status of your RFQ No. %s has been changed to %s."
THANK_YOU_FOR_YOUR_ORDER="Once again, thank you for your Request for Quote at %s. We hope to see you again soon."

...among many others. The "Order Creation Notification" email is including the overrides above for ORDER_CREATION_SUCCESS_ON_WEBSITE_AT_DATE and SUMMARY_OF_YOUR_ORDER.

However, the ORDER_STATUS_CHANGED_TO variable change (above) is not being reflected in the email sent. It is still showing the default set within the language file. Same with the variable THANK_YOU_FOR_YOUR_ORDER, even though this variable is populating correctly in the "Order Creation Notification" email. If I change the variable in the language file itself the change is reflected in the email.

I have noticed the same behavior with language variables for the back end. Adding an override does not change the display on the back end, but changing the variable itself within the top section of the language-edit box does force the change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 1 week ago #14558

Which version of joomla are you using ?
The language override system is completely different between both 1.5 and 1.6

13 years 1 week ago #14588

Sorry - this is in Joomla 1.6

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 1 week ago #14603

We found the problem. It is related to the way joomla 1.6 handles the language override file in the joomla library. We change the code on our end so that it works accordingly. The modification will be available in next version of HikaShop. In the mean time, you can do your modifications in the translation file directly but please note that you will loose them when you update so you need to save them somewhere before updating.

13 years 1 week ago #14604

Not a problem at all!!!! Will do!

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds