Joomla Content Plugins not working within Hikashop

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #36648

I am trying to use Content Plugins inside the product descriptions and it's not working. I have searched the forum but didn't find anything specific to my situation. (at least that I know of)

I am specifically trying to get an mp3 plugin to load. It works in my articles but when I paste the exact same working code into my Hikashop descriptions it just shows me the code in the front end and doesn't process anything. I tried to rule out the editor so I changed from jce to tiny and that didn't help. I see from research that content plugin processing has been added for quite some time for product and category descriptions. This leads me to believe I must be doing something wrong. Is there something I need to activate?

And also this is just more information to let you know what I have tried to fix the issue. I found this thread that said I could load a plugin in place of my picture. Well since I am trying to load a plugin and they were trying to load a plugin I gave it a shot.

www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...-you-tube-video.html

I learned from that thread that I could create a custom field and have it automatically load my plugin code onto the page using that custom field. Well it did the job great and now I have the custom plugin code in place of my picture. But it's just the code. It is not being processed.

What am I doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #36649

and also to make sure I specify. I am not using any characteristics and the code that I used to get the custom field to work was <?php echo JHTML::_('content.prepare','{s5_mp3}'.$this->row->song_demo_name.'{/s5_mp3}'); ?> and I created the custom field of course.

The plugin code that I used for the descriptions that works in my articles but not in my hikashop descriptions is {s5_mp3}1.mp3{/s5_mp3}

12 years 3 months ago #36651

Also more information is I am using Hikashop business 1.5.5 and Joomla 1.7.0
I uninstalled Hikashop so I could see if that would fix the problem and it didn't. Strangely enough it also didn't reset the views either. Once I reinstalled it still had my custom changes to the product view page. So obviously it kept it stored somewhere. I deleted all of the hikashop database tables and made sure the component/com_hikashop folder was gone.
Could this issue be because I started with an older version of hikashop and upgraded and it's not upgrading the description to be processed by the content plugins?

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by mauriceurian. Reason: needed to add informatoin

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #36704

Hi,

No no, the processing of content plugins in descriptions is there since almost the first version of HikaShop and it works for everyone else. So it doesn't come form HikaShop.
I think that your problem comes from your content plugin which refuses to load when not on a joomla article page. This happens sometimes based on how the plugin was coded.
If you really want to use that plugin, you should ask your plugin provider's support for help on that one.
Otherwise, you should try with another content plugin. Around 80% of content plugins should be compatible with products and categories descriptions.

12 years 3 months ago #36708

hmmm... sounds like a plan. Tell me a content plugin that is known to work and I will test it out.
And thank you for your response.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #36710

12 years 3 months ago #36713

You are 100% correct. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I installed tabber since I found it mentioned in other threads and it works perfectly in the hikashop description.

I now know what the problem is. You have saved me days of frustration.

Thank You.

Oh yeah and Hikashop is great.

p.s. how strange is it that I found tabber and used it before I read your response... lol

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by mauriceurian. Reason: needed to add information

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds