Category default should be root of categories

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #64835

Not sure if this is a bug or a suggestion for the next version.

When you click on the Category Explorer, the default setting you see initially should be Root. By default it is currently highlighting one category up from Root, which is confusing to a new user, and simply not the best place for the category list to start at.

By having the Category Explorer initially display Root, then we can immediately see all of the categories we created, along with the checkmarks, edit icons, etc.

Thanks

Rowby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
11 years 7 months ago #64918

No. Product categories you create should all be created inside the default "product category" category and not directly below the root node which is only used to navigate from product categories to brands, order statuses, etc.

So it's normal that the default category selected is not root but "product category"

• Thank you received: 7
7 years 6 months ago #252443

I think that some back in time I might have changed the name of the default "Product categories" to some name like "Merchandise". And now I have made a new category under root (root/grocery/) and added a lot of categories under this.

Can I delete the "Merchandise" category (might be original default product category)?
And then set new default products category, if yes - where?
Or should I move my sub-categories under /grocery to merchandise and rename it back?

.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building

• Thank you received: 611
7 years 6 months ago #252449

Hello,

You can create (again) your category with the same name In the product category and edit in each sub-category the parent category:

And then, you will have only products and sub-category IN the (default) product category.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 7
7 years 6 months ago #252556

Hi

When a Vendor adds a new product, I can see that 1 category is default set - this is "Merchandise". So it seems that I renamed the original "Product category" to this.

It seems to me, that I cannot set and change which category is my default anywhere in Hikashop configuration?
It seems to me, that I should not delete "Merchandise" (since it is Hikashop original default Product category)?!!!
It seems to me, that I should rename "Merchandise" to "Grocery" and move all my sub-categories to this?

Regards,
Henrik

.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 6 months ago #252557

Hi,

For your questions about HikaMarket please post in the HikaMarket section of the forum.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds